Son is going to attend drivers training

Discussion in 'CR England' started by wilsong, Dec 6, 2012.

1. wilsong

wilsong Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Does anyone have a comment on CR England? Is it an okay organization? Appreciate your reviews, good and bad. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reefer75

reefer75 Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2011
    midwest
    never worked for them but a lot of bad posts about them so just do your research just some advice

4. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Please use the "search" function. You will be inundated with information about CRE, the majority of it bad.

Please....PLEASE....heed some of the cautionary advice offered.

We do not want your son to end up as yet another statistic of CRE.

I wish him well.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    There are MUCH better to choose from, besides CRE

6. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    Went there and left during orientation. Tell him to take saftey glasses for when the Bull$hit starts flying.

48Packard Thanks this.
  7. wilsong

wilsong Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Would you mind recommending few. I plan on sharing everyone's comments with him. I am surprised that none of the comments are encouraging about the company. He really needs a positive experience, and it just doesn't sound like he is going to have one.

Thanks Trucker of 20 years. . .appreciate the advice.

8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Talk to Conway Truckload about their training program. You will be required to front a couple grand but it is a tiny investment to get an in-demand career started.

9. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    Well here is the thing about the companies that provide cdl and training. One isn't by much better than the other. I will say this though, I went through prime inc. training when I did mine and they were pretty thorough with the training and the pay wasn't bad. Not the kind of place you want to make a career but none of the mega carriers are.

Another thing does he already have cdl just needs training or is he starting from rock bottom?

10. HuskerJim

HuskerJim Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Lincoln, NE
    You need to think long & hard about company sponsored training. Your son would have to sign a 2 yr (or something close) contract w that company. Look into a local independant trucking school, he will have a lot more options available & he wont be tied to 1 co. for 2 yrs. Most companies also will have tuition reimbursement for the schooling.

11. Big Chief

Big Chief Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    Columbus, Ms
    I would try Roehl Transport or Millis.. The training companies are for the most part very rough but you have to get your foot in the door. The training companies are USA Truck, PAM, Millis, Roehl, CR England, Swift, Stevens, and CRST to name a few. Of these Roehl and Millis seems to be overall good companies. I would try them first. Also heed the advice the experienced truckers give him. They are usually on spot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.