South Gate CA Intermodal

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by KevinUSAF(ret.), Mar 1, 2024.

1. KevinUSAF(ret.)

KevinUSAF(ret.) Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2024
    Hello all, I'm looking at doing the intermodal gig out of South Gate or whatever other yards JB has around SoCal. Start out local and then maybe go regional. Some background: I haven't driven in several years, but I've kept my CDL, TSA/HAZMAT and medical current. Clean DMV, no tickets or accidents. In my job search I'm finding that almost all companies want "recent" experience, like within the last year. They will hire me, but I would have to go out on the road with a trainer for a month or two. No way, I did that 30 years ago and I'll never do it again. Now of course if I go with JB local intermodal, there will be a training period, but it will be with a trainer in a day cab, right? Home every night?

My question is, if I hire on with JB intermodal in South Gate, where and how long is orientation and training? I'm guessing right there in SG, I asked because some companies will send you across the country to their main terminal for orientation. One more question, I've heard that JB has a yard in Shafter, CA. If true, are there any drivers based there? That would be great for me, I live in Bakersfield.

Thanks in advance for any help, Kevin.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.