Southeastern or Conway Freight?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by RoadCall, May 9, 2014.

1. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Sorry for the sarcasm but If you had read my post you would of known I have a job with Conway and I start on Monday. I also stated I've read all the negative reviews of Conway that's why I was asking about SEFL. There's no sense applying with SEFL if it's just more of the same with them.

Do you still work for Conway?

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    At my LTL job I've talked to former Conway guys all are happy that they left. We get paid a lot less too. If you already got the job you could take it temporally and find out for yourself and if you don't like it apply at the other LTL outfits cause they'll take you in heartbeat cause you got LTL exp. Also you can talk to Southeastern guys while your employed at Conway and figure it out. You might actually like Conway. I'm sure not everyone who works there hates it with a passion.

RoadCall Thanks this.
  4. RoadCall

Mar 12, 2012
    Makes sense, I just hope I can last long enough to get adequate experience, lol.

5. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I lasted 6 months at CWF. they wanted to cut my hours and make me do a split shift with 4 in the morning and 4 and night. Used to get about 3-4 hours sleep and would pass out after each shift. They would make guys come back at 7.5 hours so they don't get overtime. They will use and abuse you and you'll be on either P/D flex or line haul and it can change throughout the week. To be honest UPSF is very similar to them, they work us till we spare dead and out of hours

6. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Everyone I know who works for Conway asks me if my company is hiring, which is USF Reddaway. I never touch any freight, all I do is drop and hook from point A to point B. I think those Conway guys have it rough! Not to mention I hate Conway because they ruined my favorite company Consolidated Freight! Seriously though, I've never seen guys work so hard as I did at the Conway yards. Their OTR drivers are pretty unhappy as well although not nearly as bad as the ltl guys. Working 14 hours a day is definitely no way to life your life. I find it hard to keep up with my job and I barely lift a finger. I put in some long hours though, usually 12 hours a day. I couldn't imagine having to load or unload after all that driving, no way!!!

CenutryClass Thanks this.
  7. RoadCall

Mar 12, 2012
    So I'm guessing 6 months with CW was enough to get you a job with UPSF? That would be my goal, get enough experience and apply at ABF, or YRC.

8. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006

You can probably get a job with almost any LTL without experience. I was hired right out of school.

9. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    The only reason to go to UPSF is for the pension. They work us to death every night averaging 12.5-14 hours a day like CWF. yes UPSF is the highest paid but they MAKE you work for it like an animal. ABF still has a pension while YRC isn't being paid into as of now.

10. RoadCall

Mar 12, 2012
    Yeah but Conway may be a little more lenient than the rest. I know I haven't had any luck with any of the others, maybe it's me!

Sounds like if I don't like the amount of hours ill work at CW then I should stay away from UPSF too. Funny thing is I can handle long days driving, I'm just not sure I can handle all the time I'll spend on the dock at CW, especially in the heat of the summer. Time will tell.

Thanks guys

11. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    More than likely you will hot the dock in the summer... And its not fun. Neither in the winter

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.