southern refrigerated trans orientation expectations

Discussion in 'SRT' started by madcow, Jan 25, 2014.

1. madcow

madcow Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Missouri
    I am curious what to expect for the three day orientation. Do they start mon with physical n drug screens..are they gonna cut my hair..no problem with passing. Just don't like the idea of my hair being cut..arrangements for sleeping good? Are they 12 hour days? Just curious about how they run yhe 3 days. .ty

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    1st day they inform you that if you die in the truck......................I kid, I kid.......................

4. madcow

madcow Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Missouri
    I heard about that. Craziness

5. Silvermitts

Silvermitts Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Ga
    Yes , they shave your head , then you have to do 100 push-ups followed by a 3 mile hike thru a water moccasin filled swamp ,after that you pitch a pup-tent which you share with 3 other people .
    Day 2 is spent learning how to start a fire with 2 rocks and finding North on a compass.
    Day 3 is all about watching videos put out by the govt. that focus
    on how to survive a nuclear attack.
    All in all 3 days of pretty standard truck driver orientation stuff .

madcow Thanks this.
  6. madcow

madcow Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Missouri
    Lol..sounded like badic training. .

7. Silvermitts

Silvermitts Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Ga
    Actually it isn't to bad.
    Decent motel (has breakfast , smoking rooms ), share a room or pay the difference ( 25 ? ) and get your own room.
    Day one paperwork physical drug screen ( urine type ) , simple road test .
    Day two , sign your name a thousand times , some co. speeches blah blah ,
    Day 3 , sign some stuff and then the chaos begins , the peeps in the offices are ...
    well lets just say that the right hand doesn't always know what the left is doing , but if
    come to orientation WITHOUT leaving important documents at home , and fill in ALL the blanks and have a VERIFIABLE work history you should be O.K
    Also- they feed you lunch , which is pretty good , ( supply own drinks ) and
    give you vouchers for 6 bucks to use at Denny's or the pizza place that are right next to the motel.
    Warn you thou , you might have to take a bus or ride with someone to get a truck , you can also
    " volunteer " to recover one , but you never know what shape the guy that left it alongside the road left it in. They will also " run you by the house " if you need to.
    AND - the SRT manual they give you , KEEP IT CLOSE AT HAND , as in plain view everyday close .
    ALSO - You will be assigned a " mentor " , basically they're someone thats been there a while ,
    they are there for you and if you have any questions or gripes you call them .

8. Bdiesel16

Bdiesel16 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    Does Srt have automatic trucks?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.