SPD (Smokey Point Dist.)

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by pes2, Aug 13, 2019.

1. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Nothing for me to add to a SPD thread.

Just good to see your above ground Sir!

Tug Toy and cke Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Still above ground but barely, most days feel like just my head and one arm are sticking out of the dirt.

jamespmack, Tug Toy, cke and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I spoke to you earlier in this thread. I know we're still in the midst of this virus stuff. Hopefully getting ready as a country to start climbing out of all of it. When do you think would be a good time frame to plan on contacting recruiting in regards to future employment there?

5. catalinaflyer

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I have a meeting at 3:00 CDT this afternoon regarding exactly this. As of right now we have suspended all new hiring except for "come backs", people that have recently worked here and do not need to go through the full orientation process.

Corporate wide we are under a travel ban for any air travel and SPD flies all new hires to Washington for orientation. So until that is relaxed we cannot start the process back up again. I know as of noon Wednesday we have about 20 people on the waiting list for orientation so I would say if you are interested it would be a good time to get the process started. One thing that has been a huge hurdle is the amount of time it's taking for UA results to come back. I had a random over a month ago and they just got the results back do to the backlog because labs are doing Covid-19 testing.

6. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Oh then your doing great! Dont be a stranger.

cke and Tug Toy Thank this.
  7. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Ok well thanks for all your help but that's a deal breaker for me. I don't like flying on jets.

8. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    It’s not a requirement, they will get you a bus ticket if you request that. Personally I won’t ever work for a company that busses drivers in. I did 4 Day long trips on the greyhound with first company, that was enough.

9. catalinaflyer

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    As @kylefitzy said, flying to Washington is not a requirement, they will get you a rental car or bus ticket if that's the way you prefer. Either method is certainly less expensive for the company but the company chooses to fly drivers rather than force them to drive or ride the dog. Typically they fly new hires in over the weekend, put them through orientation then either assign a truck there in Arlington or fly them to one of the terminals to pick up a truck. Again, not a requirement but they value your time and 4-5 hours on a plane versus days or more on a bus.......

Our meeting on Friday regarding restarting orientation and hiring got cancelled however it was touched on in the managers conference call and at this time we have more drivers on the waiting list than we have seatable trucks so all recruiting and advertising is being suspended until the travel restrictions are lifted, trucks are seated and we have equipment available for new drivers.

Professor No-Name, cke and Tug Toy Thank this.
  10. catalinaflyer

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Not being a stranger, that other thread just moves too fast for me to keep up with, I check in and there are 2000+ new posts in the matter of a day or two so I just keep out of it. Not enough hours in a day anymore to try and keep up over there.

cke and jamespmack Thank this.
  11. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Understood. Good to hear from you.

Tug Toy, cke and 650cat425 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.