Speaking to a recruiter

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by BarackYomama, May 16, 2015.

1. BarackYomama

BarackYomama Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2015
    I was speaking with a recruiter on the phone today. I'm having a little trouble getting information out of him. He was trying to sell me on the Dollar General account. I mentioned that I had heard of a Tractor Supply Co account that runs out of Hagerstown, MD but he told me it is closed. Is that true? Are there frequently openings? Should I wait? I'm currently living outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Where do I park the truck when I go home to reset?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iceman1984

Iceman1984 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Be very careful when listening to what recruiters have to tell you. I'm with Swift and my recruiter told me that the dollar tree account would get me home every weekend. Turns out that the position wasn't 'available' 5 days later when I finished up orientation. I was put down for a dollar tree account that is at least 2 weeks on the road with 1 day earned per 1 week out...

4. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    The Dollar accounts are a horror story. Avoid them unless you want to unload trucks primarily and drive little. And avoid training on them at all costs. IT will extend your training time by double. Only drive time is counted and if you spend all your time unloading its not helping you any. The recruiters at told to push those accounts because they are constantly loosing people. If you are dieing to get home all the time then go for northeast region, which also sucks in my opinion but at least they can get you home most weekends.

BarackYomama Thanks this.
  5. BarackYomama

Mar 28, 2015
    Thanks man I figured they were desperate to get anyone into those Dollar General accounts. The guy kept mentioning New York, too. Unloading in NYC sounds like it could be a little too dangerous for $.33 cpm.

6. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I delivered to Tractor Supply stores with my trainer. A nightmare. We went two locations that were not truck friendly.

7. BarackYomama

Mar 28, 2015
    I'm sorry to hear that. I was really excited when I learned about TSC. There are not many large DCs in central Maryland that I know of.

8. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    It''s all good bro. The company has a lot of dedicated accounts that they don't advertise. Talk with dedicated accounts.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Not truck friendly as in how? Hard to get into?

I've been to a couple here in MD that weren't too bad. Then again, I'm pulling a 45' with a daycab. :)

10. BarackYomama

Mar 28, 2015
    I noticed you said "here in MD." Where at in MD? I'm looking for work as close to Frederick as possible.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, there are LTLs with terminals in Hagerstown.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.