Special Alert!! Tennessee EPA Speed Limits

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Cynical Driver

Cynical Driver <strong>"Eternal Cynic"</strong>

Aug 27, 2006
    Wisconsin
    The person going 55 mph burns more fuel...
    It's simple, I-40 through TN is more than 500 miles long, this means that unless you started in TN, you will be taking a 10hr in TN. This will cause those of us who have no APU to idle that night. Slower speeds=more stopped time=higher emissions=higher costs.

Slowing down also reduces the amount of income millage paid workers can get in any given day. Which will ultimately reduce the income for the year. Why stay out for a month at a time, and never see home if you're not making any more money than you did back in the office?

Also, if we ever got paid by the hour, then we'd never know what we were going to make, as I believe we would be subject to the hours of work, and wage laws for each jurisdiction we go through. While this could be a good thing in a place like San Fransisco, where we'd get over $13/hr to wade through traffic, to make up for it the companies will simply drop us to minimum wage everywhere we go.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    Well heres my 2 cents

1st off your correct on it taking longer to get through so we would shut down and idle during the night unless we had APU's, But all the EPA has to do is what they did in New England and Institute State Wide No Idling laws
    to Reduce emissions brought on by us sitting for our 10hr break

2. As far as the Hourly Pay goes well your pay would be Based out of either your Home Terminal's location OR your Company's Home Office..And if they even Tried to just Dump Minimum Wage on US or at least ME I can make Minimum Wage at MacDonalds back home and see my wife and kid every day

I seriously Doubt that they will go to hourly Pay all the Trucking companies have to do is simple..

1. Find the Average Annual Gross of their drivers over a 5 year period
    2. Raise our Pay per mile to like 40's and 50's and pay us accordingly
    In the end we will Still Work as hard as we do now turn less miles and make the same..

That being Said i'm Sure the ATA will Throw a Hissy Fit because all the Super Rich CEO's are going to throw a Hissy Fit for the same reason i stated above LESS REVENUE Which Equals Falling Stock and less Investors, and We don't want the poor Trucking Company to loose any money do we? No we sure don't so they will Lobby Congress spend millions and theirs a good chance Something will happen lol,

What Still Blows my mind is how Trucking Companies make Billions and Cant afford to equip their fleet with APU's and NO one not even the ATA Has Addressed Anti Idling Laws and lobbied to get tax Breaks for APU's, the Money saved would be Insane after just 1 year how can that not seem appealing to those Penny pincher's

4. a low pullotion study ....if they find lower levels significantly they will ower more speed limits...my suggestion carry on at 70 and then they will say there was no change

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.