specialized express, columbus, ohio

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by kiera_anna, May 6, 2009.

1. DFBTrans

DFBTrans Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Doug Able went to prison for stealing funds At aritc express .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kiera_anna

kiera_anna Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2008
    newcomerstown,oh
    how long ago? and why is he allowed to own another company?

4. DFBTrans

DFBTrans Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I think it was back in the early 2000. why he was allowed to start up another company is something else can't understand how they can get by with that. I think they need to have a type of reporting like drivers have dac.

5. Kenny montalvo

Kenny montalvo Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Ive been with specialized express for over 8 years I have no problems with them I get my home time when I ask for it, I get decent miles I dont understand why everyone is bashing the company if you do your job and deliver your loads on time Doug and Marci take care of you it seems to me that everybody writing bad comments is probably because they don't deliver loads on time and doesn't do their job right. People bashing the company should put their real names so we can see why you got fired or quit. I'm not saying it's the best company but I'm not saying it's the worst company every company has problems, and I would not work anywhere else cuz I do my job and they treat me well. Thanks Doug and Marci!

6. Misty Woodyard

Misty Woodyard Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2012
    I worked for Doug and Marcie for years, never had any problems getting loads, was paid what they told me they would pay me. Granted Doug is a bit gruff, but always had a good word for me. Marcie went above and beyond to help me get money home to my kids when I was out West. Not everyone agrees with every one else. But as far as employers go Doug and Marcie were wonderful to me. But of course I did my job.....

7. gypsybaby319

gypsybaby319 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2012
    First of all I am noticing that this looks an awful lot like a page in my town,its a page where whiny people go to bash people they hate or employees that have according to these whiny people WRONGED them.Its not a very nice page and 99 percent of it is BS like most of these comments!!!I have two family members that have worked for Specialized for a very long time and of coarse it hasnt always been wonderful but that is called Work.Grow up people and quit blaming the world for your bad choices!!!!!Doug and Marcie have been very good to them and I respect that.Thats all I have to say just couldnt look at this and not say something.

8. Misty Woodyard

Misty Woodyard Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Well said Kenny Montalvo & gypsybaby319, Doug and Marcie were good to me and to Kenny...

9. Cabel

Cabel Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Wow..........

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  10. Janichol

Janichol Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Plano, Tx
    I know that this is an old post but I have to chime in. If this is the same Specialized Express that started as a subsidiary of Steve Mox Trucking, originally from Rockford Ohio. It really sounds like it. I dont know about Doug but Marci sounds all to familiar.

Anyways, my friend and I thought it would be a great idea to run teams and we saw the ad in the Greensheet in Fort Worth. Neither one of us had any OTR experience. All we had was oilfield experience but we had more than 3 months driving experience so they told us to come up there. We got to orientation to find out that the trucks were ex Covenant Freightliners. Old wore out, no running piles of trash at that. They had 10 of them and we were one of the first teams there. They hadnt even hit the pavement yet with that name. We went through orientationa and got our truck. Were took nothing to orientation because we were told by I believe it was Marci that they would get us a load headed to the house so we could put our stuff in our truck. We believed that. So now we are headed to Exeter Ca with a load of cardboard boxes. Thats nowhere close to Tx. We have no blankets or pillows so we stopped and bought them at a truckstop. We delivered in Ca and got a load of lettuce out of Salinas headed to Pa. We went across 40 to Ok City and my girlfriend at the time met us and brought all we would need for the truck. When we got to Fort Smith Ar, we were informed by the scale house that they dont have the authority to run Ar. We went back to the Flyin J at 69 and 40 and thats when it all went down hill. The truck boke down in the spot we backed into. Summer time so we had no AC. They told us that they would have someone come look at it. The next morning a service truck showed up and couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. They had a Steve Mox truck pick up the loaded trailer and take it to Pa. They called a wrecker and had the truck towed to the shop to have it fixed and pretty much left us hanging. We were told we could hang out at the shop with the truck or get a motek room that they would not pay for. The end result was were told them we were going home and we would come get the truck when it was ready. They called us a couple days later and said that the truck was going to cost too much to repair and they were not going to pay that much for "that cheap truck". We were then told that we could get on a bus and come back to Ohio and get another truck. Yeah right. That was the end of that company for me.

I am only guessing that it is the same company, so if someone that has more recently driven for them can say otherwise thats cool. If that is the same company then they have been shady from the day they opened the doors. We were told by an ex Mox driver that we ran into that Specialized was started because Steve Mox safety rating was so bad that they couldnt get many loads and their authroty was on the verge of suspension. That is all hear say by the way. I did see a lot of Mox trucks sitting in the yard with no drivers in them when I was there so I figured it to be true. I did not have anything put on my DAC thank god but it sounds like they are doing their best to keep anyone that wont do what they say out of a truck. SHADY!

11. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    LOL @ at the people with something positive only having two posts.
    Probably the owners themselves.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.