specialized express, columbus, ohio

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by kiera_anna, May 6, 2009.

1. Janichol

Janichol Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Plano, Tx
    I see from the posts that they let them take their truck home too. That didnt happen when I was there. I found that out when I got to orientation. If I would have been there long enough to take any time off I would have had to go from Ohio to Texas and back on my own. That would not have been good at all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    When its all said and done where all human being's although the behavior of some would suggest other wise, if you express your work ethics up front to you employer and say thats the way i want to work take it of leave it for e.g. no hot loads etc etc they will usually respect your view if your straight up with it however if you keep running illegal there going to assume your ok with it. Lay down your rules up front don't be afraid to say so like some folks may ague well if i say that they won't hire me well if they have that attitude your better off not working for them in the first place.
    :biggrin_2558:

4. kiera_anna

kiera_anna Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2008
    newcomerstown,oh
    Same company. Marci and Doug basically tried toshut Mox down. He may have by now. Don't get me started on faulty equipment.

5. Janichol

Janichol Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Plano, Tx
    I looked up his authority and its no good anymore. Sounds like Marci is shady as hell. She was brought in by Steve to run Specialized when it started and i guess he got took in the end by her. What a shame. I would like to see a company like that go out. They dont deserve to be in business if they couldnt legitimately start a business. They have to screw over the drivers and the one that started that company to be successful. What a waste. If what they say about Doug is true and he did have a hand in the financial problems of Arctic Express and was convicted of a felony, he should NOT have a hand in another trucking company in any way!

6. Cabel

Cabel Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2012
    I think that u need to get a life and quit making up lies about Doug Abel and Marci Hinton!

7. Dynabob55

Dynabob55 Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2012
    I found a job, but after I waited for three years. I accidentally clipped a w9's hood when I worked for them, and I don't think it was put on my sac. I don't know, I never checked it. I know the reason for not getting work was because I had the parking lot incident and that I got stuck one time, but according to Marci we had an arrangement worked out for me to have $50 taken out of my check every week. I never went back because yes Doug is an a.. H..., I went home because they granted me time for me to take ten days off cause I had been out voluntarily for 8weeks. Well, I was off for three days in Florida, and when I checked my account for my check my thousand $ check never came. Instead of taking the 50 a week, they took the whole lump sum, so I never called never went back just said F um. I can't go back to work when I have no money to get back from Florida to OH. Doug got all po'd with me one time. I told him, I said. You know what, you are the boss, I do what you ask of me. This was back on paper logs in 08. I also told him, but I am not going to tolerate you talking to me like I am a three year old. You want to do that you can stick it.

8. James R Bowling

James R Bowling Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Hello, I have worked for Specialized Express LLC for almost 8 months.. I have not had any problems at all with (Doug, Marcie, Tom, Dan or Paul) They all treat me with respect, My pay is on time and i run GREAT miles ( ALL Legal ) I have no problem getting home-time...I dont know how anyone could ask for a bettter company to work with..Yes I said "Work With" not work for...I make great money and see the good ol US of A...Thank you all at Specialized...Merry Christmas....James Bowling the ol Hillbilly.....LOL

Let me tell you a little about the Equipment, They have 70 or 75 brand new yes BRAND NEW TRUCKS, all with APU's and inverters...The trailers are also getting updated with new ones... I have never never never had any problems getting a repair done....Yes trailers will need tires, lights, brakes and mud-flaps sometimes but Paul and Doug always have them repaired no questions..

Bottom line "I" work hard and try to do my best, I belive they see that and reward me for it... If you are a good hand and want a good company to "Work With" here it is...If you ever want to talk to me on the phone feel free to ask for my number either on here or you can call Specialized and ask for my number....My truck number is 1132....Happy Trucking

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Cabel Thanks this.
  9. DFBTrans

DFBTrans Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2012
    thats great hope things work out

Cabel Thanks this.
  10. low budget

low budget Light Load Member

May 13, 2012
    Yea I quit there 2012 . I always got paid on time . Like the other guy said i worked and did what they said i got average miles . Paid my bills. I understand the complaints to i have had some of the same but thats trucking. They steeped on my toes maybe 4 times i worked 4.5 years 2yrs then quit came back 2.5. Would i go back again ,probably you dont sit . Those trucks keep moving. All the post in here none said anything about sitting for loads . You always move.
    Now im leasing for a good company and make 6 thousand more/yr after the bills are paid im good with that. Our company drivers do well also choice loads when there available . .38mi .45 if you get good fuel mileage. 7.5 its hard to do in winter blend fuel but spring summer fall you can get 7.7 easy.
    We only run mid states Mo In Ill Tx Ok Ga Ms Al Oh Sc Nc east to Pittsburgh dont hire from Pa tho. Get in my mail if your interested

Cabel Thanks this.
  11. low budget

low budget Light Load Member

May 13, 2012
    Mox shut himself down most of the drivers there had drug problems including steve im sure but Tony bailed is buddy out with TSM. and marci didnt shut him down steve soldout to doug because of there horrible DOT record.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.