specific numbering on placard

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Jay5GS, May 4, 2019.

1. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    If it is in bulk packaging yes. If in non bulk packaging, no.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you had ... 5000 pounds of UN 3262 and 7000 pounds of UN 3260 which are acid and base in nature solids under Corrosive class, the firefighters will appreciate knowing that little detail should there be a need to get out the firefighting equiptment to fight. Two little placards with each UN number for this example will suit very nicely.

Long ago in my younger days I would have slapped a generic corrosive on the whole rig and took off just like I used to back then. But those loads were whole trailer for one product only so that made things simple combined with a BOL that listed what was in there along with HM yes and UN Number of product.

Jay5GS Thanks this.
  4. Hammer1113

Hammer1113 Light Load Member

Attached Files:

5. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I have to ask for all emergency personal that you label the load correctly and follow the rules in place for everyone's safety please.

Jay5GS and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
  7. Hammer1113

Hammer1113 Light Load Member

Depending on the amount and weights of each hazmat, you may be able to just run a “dangerous “ placard.

Jay5GS Thanks this.
  8. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    boys reconfirm the UN1361 needs to be placarded at 100,1lbs cause i had a shipper try to move 3,300 lbs of it and say it didnt need placards , and that each bag needed to have a hazmat 4.2 label on each bag since it wasnt in bulk packaging

i denied the load cause there was too many RED FLAGS, 1 improper packaging ,2 no disposable placards , 3 unaware of what the freight was , 4 told me ups took it with no placards and through the "other driver card" , 5 HE SAID HE DIDNT HAVE TO PUT HAZMAT BUT HE DID witch made feel like he wasnt trying to ship legal. SO I VOIDED OUT ALL HIS BILLS AND FLAGGED WITH OUR COMPANY

9. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    If you want to check what the shipper gave you, here it is. CFR49, Transportation parts 100 to 177. In this book there is a table 172.101 that will cover what you're hauling. It has all that information about specific products. All the other books and manuals that tell you about hazmat are written from this book. It's kind of hard to read because it is a government manual. But if you follow the paragraphs you'll get whatever question you have about hazmat answered.

10. Bwbibb

Bwbibb Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2016
    The un placarding is not based on weight generally. It is based on the packaging or container capacity. Unless as stated previously you have 8800lbs or more of a single product on the truck.

wis bang Thanks this.
  11. rostig4404

rostig4404 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Addis, Louisiana
    EZ Placard, at the app. store.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.