Speed Binders

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by superdutyfan, Feb 28, 2021.

1. superdutyfan

superdutyfan Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Hey everyone

I was zipping through YouTube this morning and came across a neat binder.

Speedbinders.com

Has anyone used them the seem real efficient expensive but I like them what is your opinion?

As well they have ones that are rated for 9200Lb WLL .
    But is there any real need for that if you are only using chains that are below that WLL ? Or anchor points that I belive I read on here if you tie to the rub rail it is only rated for 5500 WLL ? Please let me know what you think I value all input positive and negative!!!

Thanks SDF

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Nice commercial.

4. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Looks like entirely overcomplicating a process by adding more and heavier tools that not everyone has or needs and is probably slower than the old style ratchets by hand for anyone semi-competent

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    What happens when ur battery in ur impact is dead or after long term use the edges on the bolt will get rounded out

BackwoodsGA Thanks this.
  6. superdutyfan

Mar 14, 2020
    You can use a ratchet and socket if your battery dies (but I'm sure if you are using these you would make sure your battery is charged or have 2 batteries)
    If you round out the bolt it can be replaced.

7. superdutyfan

Mar 14, 2020
    It is adding some tools you might not need but I don't see how it would be slower

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    It would take u probably 500 years to tighten that thing with a regular hand socket... it is marginally faster than a regular ratchet binder with a power drill tightening it... i could see it being good use in tight places... maybe a niche use , but for regular freight i dont see the purpose...

Blue jeans, beastr123 and superdutyfan Thank this.
  9. flipz34

flipz34 Light Load Member

May 19, 2014
    Abilene TX
    I've got a few of these. Only time I grab them is for some of the equipment I haul that have tie down points that don't work well with my old tilt bed trailer. I can only get 1 click on a ratchet binder and there is no room to get winch bar on snap binder. They have there place but not the first thing I'll grab from the chain box.

They are basically a slack adjuster modified with pieces from ratchet binder. Had mine for a few years now. Haven't had any trouble with them. As far as battery life goes, I will know I'm moving that equipment at least a day prior and make sure I've got batteries ready to go. 18V Milwaukee if the bees knees for running these things down

10. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    For the most part, the people who hate typical ratchet binders fall into a few categories:
    1. They don’t take care of their equipment. Poorly maintained ratchets binders are nearly unusable.

2. They were never shown how to “properly” use a ratchet binder. I prefer to hook at least one of the hooks directly to the trailer, that prevents that hook from twisting as I tighten the binder. If I must hook both hooks directly to the chain, one of the hooks is always agains the trailer or load, Never use a ratchet binder in the middle of a long chain.

3. They have only used the cheap China made ratchet binders. I have a few of those, after they are lubed and broken in after a few months of use they are okay. The older American made binders I have are much smoother and there for are my go to’s.

I despise the new China made binders so much, when I was issued a brand new truck with all new gear, the brand new binder got moved to my old truck.

11. superdutyfan

Mar 14, 2020
    I agree with you when I got my truck and securement tools the binders were pretty much useless not closed when put away had to put my winch bar in the hook to tighten etc. I took them home 14 of them cleaned them lubed them with white lithium spray so each one I could function with two fingers worked perfectly. But having to secure a load when they were not working perfectly was very time consuming.

I also find some people don't like change like why is anyone using snap binders ?
    These new binders seem for the most part a very good idea I think it falls into the category of work smarter not harder and fall into the safety category as well.

Why don't guys screw the ratchet binders together when they are done with them ? Lazy !!

Blue jeans and kylefitzy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.