Speed Limit alert sounds

Discussion in 'HAMMER: Truck Optimized GPS App | Support Forum' started by wonderkins, Jun 13, 2020.

1. wonderkins

wonderkins Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    I'm really liking the app as a whole. But the speed limit alert sounds are driving me nuts. I'm usually listening to stuff on my phone with it plugged into the radio.

Sometimes I'll be on a road where the limit sign says 40, but the app thinks it's 35. So the alert will sound. Or if I'm on an on-ramp accelerating, the app thinks I shouldn't be, and the alarm will go off.

I even went into the settings to turn it off, but it still goes off. Is there any way to truly turn it off?

Bridgette HAMMER and T.Rucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    So this is an app in your phone, and not that Bendix monstrosity?

4. wonderkins

wonderkins Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Correct. It's the hammer gps iPhone app. So far it's pretty good. I'm testing it in places I go to frequently. The alert sound is really my only complaint at the moment.

Bridgette HAMMER Thanks this.
  5. T.Rucker

T.Rucker Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    I had the same problem you have since I listen to audiobooks, podcasts etc., and the alert was really annoying and I couldn’t figure out how to shut it off. Soooooo I just stopped using the app. Problem solved lol

Doealex and Concorde Thank this.
  6. Bridgette HAMMER

Bridgette HAMMER HAMMER Support HAMMER Support

Jan 14, 2020
    Hey @wonderkins , we are glad to hear you are enjoying the app. Our development team is working on an update to address the speed limit alert. Can you send us a private message with the make/model of the device you are on and the app version you are using please. I would like to add this to our report. Thanks!

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.