Speed limiter bypass?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Canadianhauler21, Feb 26, 2019.

1. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    My last truck I was able to select 500 or 560 HP using the software.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buckshot1

buckshot1 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2019
    i just bought one and im a company driver. Been driving 30 years

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  4. buckshot1

buckshot1 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2019
    You can get the watch dog for 499us. I just bought one and im a company driver(my company knows i'm using it)

5. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    I didn't know you could adjust speed with the watch dog when I posted that

6. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    Drive 5 miles per hour faster and after 12 hours you've saved yourself an hour of your life. Meaning if your run was maxed at 13 hours to get there at the posted speed, you got there an hour early. Companies don't care how many hours it takes you, just as long as it gets there on time. We don't get paid by the hour, so why bother giving the company, or the shippers/receivers an hour of your life for free. It's adds up 312 hours of your life after 1 year. That's two weeks. They want to govern you, demand to be paid by the hour.

Seattle206 Thanks this.
  7. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    Canucklehead, two weeks a year is alot of time. I hope you have plenty to give away. I agree we should be paid for all of our time. I feel like Im abused every day from lack of uncompensated work time like pre trip, post trip, fueling, dealing with customers.
    I think I'll retire and hang it up..........Well will do in about 18 months.

8. Onemanshow

Onemanshow Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    richmond hill on
    Your daily average speed be 1mph higher if you be running that extra 5mph . Unless you drive nights with little or no traffic at all. All the extra wear and fuel not worth it. Most important is that i get tired driving faster then 65 during the day time. But that is just my opinion . Running northeast that is

9. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    It's even worse when you get governed at less than the real speed limit that is higher. The companies are stealing part of your life from you for free.

10. Onemanshow

Onemanshow Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    richmond hill on
    You not making it home end of the working week? I don't get this part where someone is stealing from you something

HighwaySuperTramp Thanks this.
  11. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I run northeast also, 62mph is pretty whacked. 65mph should be the minimum for all trucks. You got prime at 58mph. It's funny when you get someone fly by you at 75MPH and see them crawling up the hills 10 minutes later.

Onemanshow Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.