speed limiter over-ride problem

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by eagle1016, Oct 17, 2018.

1. eagle1016

eagle1016 Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2018
    hi i have very weird problem with this truck the cruise and Jake's quit working after a bit so im sure the fix is the clutch switch but also this problem seems to be over riding the speed limiter some how just got the truck 300000 on the OD so do you guys think the previous driver found some way to do this or is it just a side affect of the switch being out. because even when the cruise is working the govern seems to be bypassed to a point im not going into detail on how this has been done cause if this works i don't want some steering wheel holder knowing how to turn their truck up i see how some of the wires on my truck my or may not have been rerouted but not conclusive that this is tampering or not. So what im asking is there a way to directly bypass the clutch switch and give separate power to the Jake's and maybe the cruise with out effecting the setting on the speed limiter thanks in advanced. ONCE AGAIN DONT ASK ME HOW THE SPEED LIMITER HAS BEEN OVER RIDDEN IM NOT SURE IF IT IS AND WHEN I DO FIND OUT IF IT WAS IM STILL NOT GOING TO TELL ANYONE HOW TO !!!!! THOSE THINGS KEEP SOME ROOKIE FROM SPEEDING UP THEIR OWN SELF DESTRUCTION

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

What does the clutch switch have to do with speed?

Are you getting a great deal extra speed or just a couple mph?

4. benjamin260_6

benjamin260_6 Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Don't tell us which truck and engine. Guessing games are fun

5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

He cant! THINK OF THE ROOKIES THAT THIS SEASONED DRIVER WILL ENDANGER IF ANYBODY KNEW WHAT HE KNEW!

Honestly, i doubt this will go anywhere.

pushbroom Thanks this.
  6. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Hell if they want the speed limiter off the truck pay me $200 and ill remove it for them..Clutch switch has nothing to do with how fast the truck can go. On these newer trucks only way to bypass it is to set it in the ECM.

7. benjamin260_6

Aug 8, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I'll do it for $175

Grumppy and TruckerPete1990 Thank this.
  8. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Always someone out there to do it cheaper haha

Grumppy and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Get a computer with the necessary programming, hook into YOUR TRACTOR TRAILER, you own this POS right? Right? Start flipping software switches until you find the jackpot you seek.

Spare me the speed safety lecture at the end of your post. "Some rookie from speeding up to their own destruction." Gawds you are worse than I am. And need a vacation more than I do. Such a pile of BS.

If this is a company truck you are assigned, that's the speed limited set up you must put up with or quit.

Edit, I fail to see what the clutch has to do with it and if you are talking cut switches already, chances are you cut them. Im sorry I must be dense or easily gullible, wooled over my eyes and fool me twice. I don't think so.

Im sorry I cannot help you. If I can do it you can too.

10. benjamin260_6

Aug 8, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Man's gotta eat

11. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    What a troll

RDBG Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.