Speed

Discussion in 'Werner' started by artek, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Take that up with the FMSCA and tell them about the slow governed trucks. See how much sympathy you get. They don't care and don't give a @@@

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    You guys yapping about going 75 or more..or talk like 65 or 62 is to slow..deal with it. Why do you think the accidents are more severe? What is paying so great, or the emergency, that you have to drive like that? Educate yourselves about how speed affects fuel mpgs, tire wear, truck wearing parts out sooner. Also the stress you are putting yourselves through fussing about slightly slower vehicles. My goodness, get over yourselves.

MartinFromBC and Omega1 Thank this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Think what you like, keep your ### in the left lane if you can't get within 10 mph of the speed limit, don't bother passing the guy going 2 mph slower in front of you and be in everybody else's way for 3 miles.

5. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    Keep your ### in the right lane out of the left lane, what I meant to type there.

Matt43324 Thanks this.
  6. stillwurkin

Dec 2, 2017
    You i
    I get what , your saying. Took a driver 5 miles or so to pass me once. After i backed off a bit, and the traffic cleared, i passed him back very quickly and told him on the cb..thats how you overtake and pass. But remember..all kinda of drivers out here. We have to deal with.
    Really in the long (hopefully long) run of life, not that big of a deal.

7. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    I run almost nothing but 2 lane, it's a real pain in the ### when I'm trying to run 70 and you come across somebody who can only do 62.

8. stillwurkin

Dec 2, 2017
    So do i. Probably 60%. two lane. Where i run on 2 lane..not any 70 mph speed limits. We do get blind people that can't see a truck, and pull directly out in front of me. Then 45 is their top speed, then slam on brakes to make a left turn. Like i said before, part of the job. We all have to deal with. As you live life..its not a life changing problem.

Matt43324 Thanks this.
  9. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Things no trucker has ever said:
    I was going to slow already to stop in time.

I couldn't make the hair pin turn because i was going to slow which is why i went over the cliff.

Man i wish i was going faster when that tire blew.
    Trying to stop while going down that hill before i ran into the rock slide, i sure do wish i had been going faster.
    When i hit that ice and just barely saved it, too bad i was only doing 50 not 75.
    Another safe day with no accidents, i really should speed up until i crash.

Matt43324 Thanks this.
  10. stillwurkin

Dec 2, 2017
    Well said.

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  11. Matt43324

Matt43324 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    So....are you exageexagger that it took him 5 miles to pass? If not you're just as guilty about impeding. But honestly I get more road rage in my car than the Kenworth. Mainly bc I know I can run up that hill at 80mph and left lane hogs blocking the hammer lane. Ran up to Ohio from ga to spend Thanksgiving with my family, from Orangeburg sc up to columbus Ohio, left lane hogs. Being gov. At 68 is nice considering I'm faster than most of the other mega carriers, but still I typically hang out in the right lane, if I'm stuck behind some one running 65 I'll just stay back there until a huge gap in traffic on my 6

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.