speeding ticket construction zone

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Terry the trucker, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
  3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Awww... it's great! Never get heat rash from damp undies, ya know!

:laughing-guffaw:

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    $13.50/month comes out to $162/year. At that rate, over the course of my career up to this point, I would have paid more than $2000...several times as much as I've had to pay for the few-and-far-between tickets during that time. Keep your speed within 5 mph of the speed limit on the open road, and slow down to the speed limit in towns, school zones, and construction zones, and put that money towards more productive endeavors. Sure, stuff happens...but unless you're constantly doing things you shouldn't be doing, you're better off without those high-priced legal plans they dupe newbies into thinking they need to buy.

5. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    how about your auto insurance go's up....lost bonus....it harder to find a new job ... i've got tickets for 6 mile over 2am i was the only one on the road....but it all about safety right...it all about the money.

6. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    no if i had to spend 2, day in jail for speeding that would really hurt...2 days lost pay sit in a cell for 2,days......but they will never do that can make any money like that...

7. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I am sure the authorities and the ATA have this all figured out by forcing speed limiters on everybody.

8. GarlicBreadBandit

GarlicBreadBandit Bobtail Member

May 29, 2014
    It still comes out cheaper per month than those packs of cigarettes I know drivers buy multiple times a week.

I like having SOME protection from the unknown for my CDL especially if that's my livelihood. It's better to have and not need than to need and not have.

9. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    If you do what you are supposed to do, there is no "unknown". If on the rare occasion you DO find yourself on the side of the road dealing with a Rosco P. Coltrane type, you're better off using the money you DIDN'T pay to the "legal service" for all of the years you had no issues in order to fight/pay/whatever on this one rare instance. Get on the internet and look up a few lawyers, and hire one to take care of it.

That legal plan isn't a "get out of jail free" card. It doesn't cause a cop to NOT write a ticket (like the trucking schools like to claim) when he sees that sticker on your truck's window. If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing out here, all they do for you is make your wallet a little thinner.

double yellow Thanks this.
  10. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Those legal services don't exactly employ the best attorneys...

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.