Speeding ticket in indiana

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by mrbojinggles, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    It always will not appear on your MVR if you pay the ticket before the court date. 50/50 chance
    Yes sure your going to hear people say they are supposed to and they are but it always does not happen.
    Hire an attorney fight it you may win and you may not. if you lose and you have a clean record (no tickets in 2-3 years something like that) they will make you pay the ticket and keep it of your record. (you have to ask for this they just don't do it out of kindness)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    So what did your logbook state you were doing when you got the toll ticket?

4. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

They also have no morals when it comes to writing BS tickets. I got a 10 over in IN that was completely bogus. I had another truck pass me 20 seconds before the cop cut thru the median. And I got the ticket. He was not a nice person.

5. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    NO NO! If you lose the toll ticket (umm they know better) they will just look at other things because they figure you are trying to pull a fast one. Believe me the best thing to do anymore is log it as you do it! If you go over state why!

6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas

Back when I drove for them, Stevens paid one of those spy companies randomly trail trucks and report on us. I once got an exemplary report from that company except for one thing......I had logged that I had been stopped for 15 minutes at the time of the report. The next time I went to Dallas, I got flagged to go to safety. The lady in charge sat me down and explained what happened. I said it must have been a slight clerical error on my part. She smirked and signed off so I could leave the yard.

7. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

BAD BAD BOY

8. mrbojinggles

mrbojinggles Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2007
    The funny thing is when I called the phone number on the ticket and the lady gave me the price I asked here how long I had to pay them she said 30 days but then if I dont pay it on the 30th day they send a notice to my house and give me an additional 4 weeks to pay it lol.
    I guess I can get the deferrment thru Indiana but its like $285 and my ticket is only $145 so I will just pay it im not gonna hire an attorney for a $145 ticket I dont think one speeding ticket will keep me from getting on to another company.

9. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    10Mph over they frown upon but not a killer (but yes they will look at it and it does not look good)
    15Mph over is a killer and in most cases you will have to wait 3 years after to get a driving job.

If it was me I would pay the $285 for the deferment.. It will be in your best interest to do so...

10. heyns57

heyns57 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2006
    near Kalamazoo Speedway
    In the mid 1990s, I received a warning ticket in Indiana for insufficient tread depth on a trailer tire. Several months later, my car insurance premium increased for no apparent reason. My insurance company explained that a warning ticket from Indiana had been entered on my Michigan records. When I explained the situation, my car insurance premium was lowered. However, state computers are emailing each other in the middle of the night. :biggrin_25512:

11. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    State police here are not very friendly let me say and it is not just towards you! Get the hint there! Now Marion County can be ok, there is always a few bad apples in every crowd, but for the most part the County is ok.:biggrin_25526:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.