Speeding tickets in my personal vehicle! Should I fight It?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bolt Thrower, Apr 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2019
  3. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    So, you were concerned about LOSING your license? That's all? Yup, you seem to be good there. But, you will probably NOT get the job.

They WILL do DMV check and that WILL include all states.
    You STILL, need to FIGHT THAT TICKET.
    At the very least, try to get it reduced.

G13Tomcat and roshea Thank this.
  4. Bolt Thrower

Mar 29, 2019
    I'm not worried about losing my license I just don't want there to be a speeding ticket on my record. According to every site that I've been on it clearly states that the state of Georgia does not communicate with other states pertaining to violations and points only major serious violations. Also, if you get a speeding ticket out of state and you don't bother paying it Georgia will most certainly suspend your license. From what I've read it looks like it will not affect your license it will not show that there is a speeding ticket on your Georgia CDL license as long as you pay the ticket or get it dismissed

5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I am literally WALKING out the door for my 'one and done' run tonight, and saw this thread. Man, I had a 'no seatbelt' violation many moons ago in Ohio, and EVEN WITH ALMOST 30 years CDL .. SNI wouldn't take me. Been under 'new regs' since '03, driving ever since, before AND aft. Dude, I would've fought that seat belt ticket had I known. LEO followed me in to a gas station in my PV and my belt was off trying to source my wallet in my Carharrts... and .. busted. Shut me up with a MAJOR player. Like i said, MANY moons ago, but still. You accept that without a fight, you are already giving up your CDL. Who CARES about GA rules.. FMCSA is federal. Did you not read how they now all SHARE information? Overdrive dot com or Truck paper. Not sure which.. look it up. I gotta roll. Fight it, or come back in a year and let us know how it's going for ya. Not trying to be a killjoy; look at some of my posts/threads/etc...i've been at this for a minute or 20000000.

6. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Naievete.. .wish I wasn't rolling out to drive my CMV atm. Big guns.. wanna help? @Lepton1 perhaps? Trainer (ex) for a mega. He will show up. @TripleSix ... my MAJOR man of wisdom.. got any wind chimes? I really gotta roll. Dragging my arsk because it's only a single and I've been blabbing on here ALL day.... but.. sheesh.

Be safe, y'all.

misterG, TripleSix and Lepton1 Thank this.
  7. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Why do people even bother to post things like this if they already have their mind made up what they are going to do about it. A ticket for 22 over is a serious matter, apparently the OP thinks is it no big deal. Companies usually run a 48 state check, as do the inspectors when they pull you over. Failure to disclose the conviction will certainly result in termination, and if the company is one that reports to DAC it will limit his future employment choices.

The only sensible way to deal with this is to hire an attorney. Those who say they can't afford it, well, you can't afford not to.

peterd, kemosabi49, Grumppy and 5 others Thank this.
  8. Bolt Thrower

Mar 29, 2019
    Screenshot_20190406-004336_Chrome.jpg

9. Bolt Thrower

Mar 29, 2019
    I don't see how a state keeps records of any and all ticket violations of license holders that are not from their state. what they will do is if you don't attend court and get it dismissed or pay the ticket they will most certainly report Nationwide of whatever state you're from and have your license suspended. how can they keep records of me when I'm not a resident of their state nor do I have a license in the state of Alabama? They just keep a little data file of anyone that ever crossed their state and received a citation? With the speeding ticket it doesn't even list did I have a CDL license it just shows my Georgia drivers license number. To the courts all they see in their eyes is a Georgia driver speeding in their state.

10. Bolt Thrower

Mar 29, 2019
    I get it. we as commercial drivers should never break traffic laws wether we're in a CMV or our personal vehicle. I'm not looking for loopholes or trying to manipulate the system I'm just seeing a little daylight here that might be positive for my future as a commercial driver

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.