1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Wondering why GM's come with ATT.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Olympian

Olympian Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Before I upgraded to my new S8 a couple of months ago, I was using an S5 for the past few years but like I said the last time I found a dead spot was about three years ago. As I have Internet every place I go and in fact, depend upon it.

4. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Whats to wonder? The reason should be obvious.
    Probably because it saves them $0.05 per vehicle in licensing fees. That and ATT is the second largest service provider. 3x the size of Sprint or T-mobile. So customers should get pretty decent service.

Anything a large auto manufacturer does,.. right down to which tires, audio and navigation electronics or seat materials it chooses,.. almost always comes down to cost factors.

Its like me in choosing a fuel card. $0.05 doesnt seem like a lot when choosing fuel cards. But when I can get $0.36 vs the next best giving $0.31,.. I'll take that 5 cents. 300 gallon tanks,.. average fill up is usually over 200 gallons. $.05 x 200 = $10 more in my pocket per fill up vs the next best card. Roughly $800 - $1000 per year difference than card B. It all adds up.

Keeping my business operating efficiently is how I can afford the newest and best phones year after year on the best service provider.

Hurst

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Olympian Thanks this.
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Like i said. My s6 worked SOOOO much better then my note2 and the bionic i had before that.

Maybe they were crappy phones. I know the bionic was. It only lasted 6 months. But that's 2 phones i had a lot of dead places that the S6 greatly improved on.

6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I just went with Cricket, which is on the AT+T network. $40 a month for unlimited talk, text and high speed data, and got a new Samsung for $25. Very happy so far.

7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    That sprint coverage map is seriously misleading, if not flat out deceitful. I just ran from Florida to Shiprock nm, to ft stockton Texas, to laredo. While i maintained voice capability for the majority of the run, i lost data capability once i got north of ft worth. Got it back for a short term in Amarillo only to lose it with in a few miles of leaving the city. Same with albuquerque. Didnt get data again once i left Albuquerque on the return till i got to laredo. That's what? 900 freaking miles.
    For a company driver that is manageable. For an owner operator that depends on data to find work it is flat out unacceptable. Ill be visiting the local Verizon store on my return to Florida. Sprints shoddy data service could have cost me thousands in loss revenue.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I have an att hotspot. I'm really liking the coverage and service compared to the cdma carriers. Now if i can just get my paid for cdma phone unlocked. I can switch to gsm. 24 hours has now reached 5 days.

I'm gonna stick with att as that's worth $25 discount and free hbo on my directvnow service.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  9. 417bigK

417bigK Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Southwest Mizzery (MO)
    Verizon may work better than most, but in my experience you'll need to take out a 2nd and 3rd mortgage to pay your bill. They'd put so many ######## hidden and made up charges on our bill that we were paying 200% on a plan just on average (around $200).
    And you had to fight them tooth and nail all day long to get anything done about it. But maybe they got better. It's been a couple years since I escaped them.

10. jhguitar87

jhguitar87 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Michigan
    Cricket is the ####! I've had them the last couple years. Att bought them a while back and had the absolute best service. LTE everywhere. Only time It dropped service is when it switched towers. And sign up for premium deezer. $6mo for the biggest music library in history lol. My step daughter and I are both on it, plus I have deezer. The bill is $86 a month.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.