SRT **PROFESSIONAL DRIVER TURNOVER**

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by pigsooie, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA

jeff18 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    better start cleaning out the truck
    they gonna keep your last paycheck and send you for a sleep study

4. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Treated the family like doggie do do

Troll language? So this username is intentional? Do they treat you like pig do do?

5. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Since I've running with SRT for a year come September, I am also willing to answer anything and I will be 100%. Come and get it.

6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Yes there are a few that do

7. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Don't the owners of Covenant also own SRT? seems like they would wake up to the BS going on there. I know Covenant & Star pay way better than SRT on cpm, training pay, etc. SRT was trying to get me to come there but upon a close look... i don't think so.

8. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Question: A driver gets a load assignment that is marked drop & hook pre-loaded trailer and for some reason the assignment had a appointment time. The driver arrives 7 hours prior to appointment time thinking it was a drop & hook. But to find out it was a live load now how do you think detention time should be paid? Arrival time or Appointment time.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The stories and first hand witnessing the drama there date back to the beginning of my trucking time supported by the occasional newspaper article.

SRT is part of the Covenant Trucking Group. Not much else need to be said. The culture is the same.

Once upon a time I explored hiring on and essentially got laughed out of town due to being sent home by Covenant in 1996 from a botched orientation hearing test that would never work in a room of 50 people at once. For hearing people it's not a problem but for those with hearing aids it is a big deal. I talked about that issue in previous posting. Once you understand that there are 15 carriers that teamed with Covenant, you can pretty much exclude the whole group and simplify my hiring situation.

Investors | Covenant Transport Services

jeff18 and Veteran driver Thank this.
  10. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Appt time. In my experience it was a live load because you showed up 7hrs before the appt time. If you showed up at appt time & it was a live load you should be paid detention without any grace period.
    I always called ahead on preloads if coming early so as to not start my clock without a loaded trl to pu.
    Sometimes the shpr doesn't have a mty to load & you have to get down there to get live loaded

Lonesome and laaylor Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.