St George Utah end dump O/O

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cvalerio129, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Cvalerio129

Cvalerio129 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2021
    This is my first time posting so I hope this is the correct thread. I would like to relocate to St. George area this year sometime close to summer and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations for end dump brokers or companies that hire owner operators in the general area? I’m looking to run my own numbers. I have called pits in the area and have some hope to run direct to the pits but I am not getting much info as this time of year is slow. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated if you are in the area and could guide a me in the direction of a good company to haul for while I get my feet stable in new territory. I really appreciate y’all’s help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I’m not sure where you live now, but a big downside to being there and hauling anything bulk you’re going to need doubles and a bunch of axles to be competitive unless you can get into hauling decorative landscape type loads that don’t need as much material.

Other than offering my opinion about all I can say is Barney Transport and Sunroc seem to be big in the area.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  4. Cvalerio129

Jun 8, 2021
    Thanks for the reply! I heard from another gentleman that doubles are the way to go. I’d personally rather stay away from doubles but don’t mind I suppose. Are the rates pretty low per ton/ per hour due to wanting carriers to haul more if that makes sense? Here in Wyoming we can reliably gross 1000-1300 a day with about 300$ fuel burned.

5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I have no idea on the rates. I’m originally from South Dakota and I know around there the guys that can haul the most set the rates and if you can’t haul as much as them it cuts into your income.

6. Cvalerio129

Jun 8, 2021
    10/4 thank you for letting me know I appreciate it!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.