Standard labor hours for d16 inframe

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by sbreeden, Jun 14, 2020.

1. sbreeden

sbreeden Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Decided to do the overhaul on the D16 on Friday, bad lobe on the camshaft from a failed rocker arm roller. Quick call to my dealer for parts and labor, parts with new camshaft $14k and labor 65 hr at $140 = $9,425.

I watched videos on inframes and cost, not one went over $6k in labor, is my dealer TRYING to do me dry in labor cost?

Monday will be getting a price quote on labor from other dealership in my area. Parts price is not bad, I get a discount from the parts department, probably could knock that down to around $10k. Already got the new camshaft, shop wanted $2534, my price at parts for $1775.

If any volvo tech, can send me a labor cost for a inframe would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    $65.00 per hour ???
    Are you in a foreign country ? Where is this at ?

4. mladen86

mladen86 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    It’s $140 per hour. 65 hours of labor

Badmon Thanks this.
  5. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Ah ok that sounds more like it. I read it wrong sorry. Repair costs can really kill you. I’ve had my fair share of killer repair bills but I don’t know to much about Volvo’s. Besides this have you had a lot of success with this d 16 engine in general ? I loved there overall performance of Volvo’s but can’t find to many people that say there happy with the repairs they have to do with them.

6. sbreeden

Dec 15, 2016
    I loved the d16, never had a problem with it, even at 1.3 million miles, the previous owner said he only changed injector and cups once. When they open the valve cover, they was expecting the worst with that type of miles, only thing was #1 and 4 rocker arm rollers was damaged. But after popping the bottom they found in spun a bearing and have to replace the engine.

7. sbreeden

Dec 15, 2016
    Wish it was $65 per hr

8. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    If that were the case I'd go buy a truck like yesterday

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.