Stan's Inc., Alpena, SD

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MrEd, Jul 2, 2013.

1. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Made to Brownwood yesterday and delivered this morning. Afterwards I went to Cleburne, TX to pick up a load going to OKC, OK. Afterwards they are having me swap my trailer with a damaged trailer in Booker, TX and taking the broken trailer to thermoking in Amarillo, TX.

Workouts out nicely cause I'll get a 34 in Amarillo, then either take a load out of Booker going to Alpena or do another broker load. Either way I am enjoying my time here.

It's nice to pull into a truck stop and fuel without having to be authorized by the company. Not a huge deal to some but I love it.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Well no Amarillo get to Booker and the trailer having troubles was running just fine. My guess is it sent a fault code and one of the people at the plant thought it needed to be repaired. Then someone cleared it and it ran just fine. So now I'm taking a reset in Liberal haha. So much for my plans. Oh well that's trucking sadly. Just glad I still get paid for the trip regardless. Going to just chill out till Thursday morning. See what will happen next.

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Sitting at Pilot in New Albany, MS finish up my run tomorrow going down to Georgia. Picked up watermelons yesterday in Oklahoma. Reefer finally three the code it was getting in Booker so i had to take it and get it fixed in OKC. Should of went ahead and took the trailer to Amarillo anyways, but oh well things happen.

Miles are here and the less people means we get remembered. Which also means we are better planned. Stress levels are low and productivity high. That's how I like it!

mladen86, Rugerfan and bzinger Thank this.
  5. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Week #4 2948 miles.

Figures I got all flustered about being "late" but when I got to the customer today they took the product no problem.

Went ahead and got myself a room across the street of the truck stop in Adel. Every once in a while I do this to get out of the truck for a bit, I dont pick up till Monday in Montgomery, AL going to Chicago. Should get a feed load after that in Mendota, then make my way back to little ol Alpena.

Gotta love that tomorrow I will be paid layover, which at Stan's is $200 dollars which equals to about 500 miles of driving. Good to know that they pay for our time the best they can. Here is to another week of running!

Rugerfan and bzinger Thank this.
  6. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Shut down at TA in Montgomery. Waiting on the info for this load. Hope this one goes smoother than the last!

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    They can't all be gravy lol

GladhandSW Thanks this.
  8. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Been a long week. Nothing is going right, so I'm doing my best to stay level headed. Currently parked at a shipper right now, missed the cut off for loading so I have to wait till the morning. Making another load late.. none of it has been my fault, but it is discouraging to say the least. The delivery window for this load is just as tight as the last. Doing my best to make times, but it can be irritating when dispatch won't listen to you when you tell them you can't make the time set.

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Week #5 2672 Miles

To think I am seeing those numbers and this was a crap week, says a lot about this place. On a reset today. Work tomorrow.

What's cool about tomorrow is holiday pay. If you work or are available to work you will make $260 if you are off you will make $160. That's not including the miles I will run tomorrow either.

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    Gladhand you seem to be doing well there, you wouldn’t happen to know what areas they hire from?

11. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    As far as I know they hire just about anywhere. Our main business is Jack Links so we see a lot of the upper Midwest, but as you probably have read the thread we go everywhere. We have people that live in Kentucky, Florida, South Texas, me in New Mexico, etc. Seeing your profile says Tennessee they shouldn't have any issues getting you home.

sirhwy and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.