Stan's Inc., Alpena, SD

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MrEd, Jul 2, 2013.

1. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Sitting at road ranger in Tomah, Wisconsin. Headed back to Alpena. The place we get meat from in Bedford Park, Illinois is amazing. Loaded a 39000 pound load in 13 minutes!

After that I will go pick up in Aberdeen, SD and roll over to Mankato, MN. Probably going to stick around this area till home time. Don't mind either way. The miles are good.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    When I worked for Van Wyk’s I ran lots of various loads for Jack Links over the years. I’ve been out of the truck a little over a year, Getting some health issues cleared up. Van Wyk’s told me I could come back with no issues, but now I’m a little out of their lane. (We moved down here from Iowa). So, I’m looking for plan B Incase Van Wyk’s isn’t a good fit, I’m not sure I want to be out several weeks at a time. It’ll be a few months yet before I can make the decision to go back out on the road, but it’s looking more and more like I’ll be back out there, I just need to make good decisions when I pull the trigger. Thanks for your thread!

GladhandSW and bzinger Thank this.
  4. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Rise and shine in Aberdeen, SD. Got to run 300 miles this morning to get to Mankato, MN. Go to Laurens, IA and back to Alpena afterwards.

5. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Made it to Adrian, MN. Don't really need to be back to Alpena till around 0800 tomorrow. So I'm gonna catch up on some sleep after these two early starts.

Shaping up to be a solid week. Had a rough go of it last week, but after talking with dispatch I got things worked out. It's important to communicate and not assume things. That's what ruins a lot of drivers out here.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Week #6 Miles 2941.

Miles are there as always. Currently shut down in Burbank, SD. Heading down to Underwood,IA, then roll back empty to Alpena to start a reset. When o get back to Alpena I will have less then 30 minutes on my 70. Love that I keep busy!

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. sirhwy

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    Have you been home since you started? Just curious.

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    No, I will be going home on the 18th, so a little shy of 2 months. I don't have people waiting on me at home so I stay out.

sirhwy and bzinger Thank this.
  9. sirhwy

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    Back in the day when I was a young single pup, I did that too. I drove for a little owner op that was leased on to Midwest Coast out of Sioux Falls. I’d be out 4 or 5 weeks at a shot would hit the house to pay bills, mow the grass, do laundry and sleep. I usually wasn’t there more than a day and a half and the phone would ring. “I gotta hot one sitting in the yard”.....

Anyhow, now days the wifey gets a little lonely after 10 days/two weeks or so. At Van Wyk’s I was usually out 5 or 6 days and home for a re-start each weekend. Probably worked maybe 3 or 4 weekends a year.

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Yeah here at Stan's the only way you would see a schedule like that would be if you lived in the Jack Links triangle they got going with Iowa and Minnesota. In Tennessee they would probably want you to be out at least 3 weeks, but then again doesn't hurt to ask. Thing is we don't have direct customers where you live. So your going home load would be brokered.

sirhwy Thanks this.
  11. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Week #7 Miles 3081.

Currently waiting to get loaded in Gaylord, MN. Take this load to Albuquerque then I go home. Happy to be home for a few days. Haven't been in New Mexico since late July.

MrEd and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.