Star Transport bought by Swift?

Discussion in 'Star Transport IL' started by Cody40691, Nov 8, 2013.

1. flatbedder

flatbedder Medium Load Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Illinois
    Either way, they run under swift's authority now, so it's the same as being swift. Thought it'd been a little while since I saw a Star truck.
    And out of curiosity I went to the the "Star Transport" website and the app link takes you to Swift's app

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I saw one this past week, Star trailer pulled by a Swift t680 in powder blue.

4. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    Swift does indeed own Star now. Star is not leasing trucks from Swift

5. DC CAB

DC CAB Medium Load Member

This is correct. I heard about it a few weeks ago and then talked to a guy on a Swift terminal this past week and then saw a T680 with Leased to Swift on the doors and talked to him about it. He had mixed feelings as he is happy to be out of the truck he had at Star, but is waiting to see how life is with Swift.

6. Eddyb

Eddyb Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2013
    the owner of star has laid off 23 people since November 11th some in the shop some in the safety office some drivers and they are getting rid of all the trailers that are star all the newer trucks star owned is parked the drivers have to use the use new 680 kenworths and everything is swift and yes I used to drive for star yesterday was my last day the new trucks are 8 speed 62 mph 3 trainers got suspended for not doing the logs the swift way the trainers and drivers had no help to figure things out both companies said call the other company passing the buck

7. dirt

dirt Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2009
    kingsport,tn
    glad I left in oct. a guy in the safety building. said to start looking for a better job in sept. that star was in a lot of financial trouble. I think he was a recruiter said he traveled a lot to the schools and places like that.

8. Rubber side down

Rubber side down Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2014
    I've started with star 6yrs ago and I'm still with star. The rumers that swift bought star are false. We are still star. We pull star loads as well as swift loads now. Star leased onto swift as a fleet o/o. Yes I as a driver need to follow some of swifts protocols like logging onto swifts site and do their stupid videos. But I log in as a 2nd seat o/o.
    At the beginning of this switch we had to deal with swift for any problems on the road. But now that its calming down we are back to calling star. I'm dispatched and paid by star. Think of it this way. You buy a truck and lease it to swift for loads. Well we bought 460 truck and leased them to swift.

9. knj1963

knj1963 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2014
    yes, swift did get star and its a mess. i'm working out my last few weeks in order to get my vacation pay

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Not a bad move, really. A struggling company doing that and staying afloat? Not a bad idea at all.

11. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    Incorrect. Swift owns Star. Star does not "lease" onto Swift. You are a Swift driver regardless that it says Star on the side of the truck for now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.