Star Transport, morton il

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MidnightFlyer, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Yes, that is the one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver402

truckdriver402 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Orwell, OH
    Now that I know which Star it is, I talked to a Star driver once in Illinois. He said that most of the loads are Cat loads and, if they lost that, they'd have nothing. That's just what I heard.

From an outsider looking in, I always thought their equipment was top notch...Looks can be deceiving I guess.

4. dave99dave2003

dave99dave2003 Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Georgia
    I live close to the Cat facility in Griffin Ga and talk with several of their drivers. You are right about there main account.

5. sparky4

sparky4 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2008
    mt.erie
    i am leaving for school next week when i get my schooling done i am supposed to go to work for star i guess that might not be a good thing could somebody please tell me what i should do is it a good company or not just starting out i dont want to get screwed

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    A job is , for the most part, what YOU make of it. If you go in thinking you're going to get screwed, you probably will. If you go in eyes, and mind open, you'll probably do OK.

7. multiplebogey

multiplebogey Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Highland, Il
    What is a "Cat" load?

8. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    cat=yellow motors heavy equipment catepillar however you spell it

multiplebogey Thanks this.
  9. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You dont want anything to do with the other Star(blue star), they are now owned by Covenant and we all know about that group.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That one used to be the good Star, until Covenant got ahold of them.

11. otr-driver

otr-driver Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2008
    sturgis,mi
    I've been with Star for less than a year and here are my views on the company.
    1. They have little regard or respect for the drivers.
    Example, there is no place for a driver to take a shower if the safety office is closed, there is no place for a driver to sit and relax at the yard except in his truck,
    the garage staff tried to talk you out of needed or requested repairs,
    you are forced to take runs that you can't complete without being late unless you run illeagle,
    if you call dispatch to tell them you don't have the hours to make the run the first responce is " are you refusing this load" which gets you a write up
    There is no place for a female driver to go to the restroom after safety office closes for the evening.
    2. They play favorits with drivers, I know drivers only getting 1000 a week while I was getting 2500 to 3300 a week, running in the same area.
    3. They look for ways to write up drivers via log book violations, they have tried to write me up 5 times for log book violations but I went in and made them prove the violations which they could not so no write up, but if I had not gone in I would have received automatic write ups.
    4. They are still hiring new drivers even though freight is way way down. I belive the reason for this is the money that they receive from the government for bringing on new drivers.
    5. It appears that money is very tight, the last couple of trips to the yard met with, no tires, no windshield washer fluid, no headlight replacement bulbs, no fuel,
    6 Layover pay, breakdown pay, detention pay, short haul pay, etc must be requested by the driver. IF you don't request it you don't get it.
    7 To get holiday pay, you MUST WORK THE HOLIDAY.
    8. I try to be nice to the people in the office but most of the time I get a nasty attitude from them. I beleive that you treat everyone with some respect until they show that they don't deserve it and then I will still show them more respect than they show me.
    9 I have tried 3 times to talk to someone about our new per diem, but had to wait so long that I had to get running so that my load wasn't late.

On the plus side, the trucks that I've had to run pretty good very few mechanical problems and they are fairly comfortable.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.