Star Transport, morton il

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MidnightFlyer, Dec 8, 2007.

1. firedog323

firedog323 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I agree things are not looking good for Star... I'm trying to stick it out atleast a couple more months. I have my safety bonus coming to me but I have been laid over for 2 days now and looks like I may be here all weekend. I don't see how they could possibly not have freight here in NC. But who knows maybe they will get it straightened out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wdstk69

wdstk69 Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    noblesville indiana
    cat is laying off thousands of workers this may be the reason for the slow down in freight

4. STARDRIVER1

STARDRIVER1 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2008
    ILLINOIS
    Just found out yesterday that the owner doent have the money for the truck renewal so 3/31 may be it for star,, the people in safety are just in denile about losing there jobs.. They keep saying why so many empty trucks in the yard is because peterbilt doent have room for them to trade back in.. Same for all the trailers. They say they wont come pick up the trades .. Dont know for sure but im looking already for new job..before 700 + star drivers are looking for the same job

5. starbrite

starbrite Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Morton, IL
    You might want to deal with the facts instead of rumors.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
  6. starbrite

starbrite Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Morton, IL

There is also a shower in the men's restroom in the shop.

There are women's restrooms inside the main terminal building.

Drivers are continued to be hired due to the nature of the trucking industry - not all employees have sand in their pockets - they tend to drift from job to job.

What question did you have about the per diem - It is the daily allocation to a company employee as compensation for meal expense incurred during travel away from home that is allowable under the IRC.

7. starbrite

starbrite Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Morton, IL

Hard to comment on this posting with all the new words ...

8. tasiler

tasiler Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Zanesfield, Ohio
    Starbrite, I'm so glad that you are so much better than everyone else, three straight post bashing people. I really like your reply to a 3 month old post.
    As for the shower in the garage that thing is so dirty I wouldn't give my dog a bath in it. I've spoke to four of our female drivers and they have all stated that they had to driver over to the truck stop to use the rest room after safty is closed. Not that I'm all that interested in a womans bathroom habits, but after reading otr-drivers post last November I asked them about it. So I would hazzard a guess that the company failed to let them know that they could go into dispatch to use the rest room. The statement about hiring new drivers when freight is down, Star received funds from the government for each new ( as in just out of school) driver that they hired. And if the rumors are correct that is also a big part of why we have some new people in the safty office.
    I also had questions about the per diem, which I had answered, so it would appear that not all drivers are as intelligent about the subject as you seem to be. Which reminds me, what is the "IRC"? By the way a one of my questions about the per diem, since depending as a couple of different items a per diem CAN be taxed, what type were/are we receiving? This question came first from my accountant.

9. stardriver810

stardriver810 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Bartonsville, PA
    hey, i used to work for star...were you referring to jeff stanley stealing money...it wouldn't surprise me

10. stardriver810

stardriver810 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Bartonsville, PA
    I would have to guess that starbrite is one of the ### kissing drivers who kisses dispatch's ### and runs illegally for them. Those are the only drivers who make money at Star.

11. firedog323

firedog323 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I am uneasy about the way things are going at Star but they do seem to be trying. I am seeing the same things at a lot of the companies I'm looking into. They all seem to be downsizing some. What you were told about peterbilt not able to take the trucks back is true but you misunderstood. They can't take them back because Star is cutting back on the fleet and they have so many trucks and trailers to turn in and with the way things are pete isn't selling many trucks either so they are getting crowded. Same goes with the trailers. But don't look too bad on them cutting back the fleet... they had more drivers than frieght to begin with so they are just correcting the problem to make it better for those of us still with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.