Star Transportation

Discussion in 'Star Transport IL' started by Drop'n'Hook, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Appreciate that bud.... Thanks in advance for your posts

Safe Travels

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. merch

merch Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2008
    MIMS
    fx4annabe , keep me posted on how things are with star transport , ( in tenn ) im thinking of driving for them , after school ,

4. star driver

star driver Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Nashville,tn
    the covenant owned star transportation of today sucks sux blows ripoff rip-off read my other post. a long time star driver looking for a job

5. fx4wannabe

fx4wannabe Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Chattanooga, TN
    Just got back from my first run with my trainer. Did 2000 miles in just shy of 4 days. Great run and a great trainer. We get along great and he has a brand new truck so thats pretty nice. Freight is really slow. The first part of our run we made 9 stops and only half of them had anything for us. I drove 1400 miles with only 5 pallets in the trailer. At this point anyone looking for a job don't get discouraged if you aren't running a lot. There are a lot of trucks sitting and not just this company but all of them. I think its going to be worse before its better but who knows I am just glad to have a job. This is the first I have worked in 3 months.

ScooterDawg Thanks this.
  6. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey there FX - well good for you! Glad to hear it is working for you. Thanks for the updates.... keep us posted!

7. star driver

Jan 5, 2009
    Nashville,tn
    when you get off that trainers dedicated route and get your truck you will get closer to 2000 miles in 4 weeks at STAR TRANSPORTATION. plus the 3.00 per hour for the idle time ... enjoy:yes2557:

8. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Are you saying you are only getting about 500 / week?

9. DIRTYRASCAL

DIRTYRASCAL Bobtail Member

May 26, 2008
    OWENSBORO,KY
    Is this company good or bad?I'm thinking of going to work for them and really have'nt heard anything about them.thanks and be safe.:biggrin_2554:

10. fx4wannabe

fx4wannabe Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Chattanooga, TN
    They are a pretty good company themselves but being owned by covenant there are some changes coming I'm sure. Freight is slow everywhere not just with them. I have 3 friends that have been sitting for almost a month and they and all with different companies. Star has had a lot of people quit looking for greener pastures but I am not sure they are to be had. I went because after its all said and done they were the only ones that would hire me. As a rookie driver ya don't really have a lot of say in the matter. My trainer has worked for them for 3 yrs. and he says its the best company that he has worked for. I have a feeling this dedicated we are on won't last much longer but who knows. At this point $200 a week is more than I was making so I'll take it.

ScooterDawg Thanks this.
  11. star driver

Jan 5, 2009
    Nashville,tn
    star was a great place to work before they were bought out by COVENANT TRANSPORT.... GOOGLE "COVENANT TRANSPORT SUCKS" AND READ ALL THE RIP OFF REPORTS FROM COVENANT AND STAR DRIVERS.. see for yourself

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.