1. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    I'd guess. Streaming movies at 1080p will devour all the data withing a day) I never go above 30Gb even though utube running and browsing for days when I'm at rest break. I'm just keeping it within watchable resolution, so the data flow is low. Just smart management. And yeah, 250 bux for 3 lines including paying off two new phones on the plan at the moment. Torrent downloads can be done at home)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    IMG-0314.jpg
    Perfect example of not being throttled, just a cell phone hotspot in AZ desert :cool:

4. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    The problem is they dont throttle you until they do!

That feeling of having brutally slow internet for the next five days is a bummer

5. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    Well, if starlink works, why not. I'm just not inclined to pay 135$ and deal with wires and dishes for something I already have. 40Gb a month hotspot allotment per line is more than enough to use on laptop I have, which is browsing, reading/talking on specialty sites, shopping, utube news and shows, a movie sometimes when I want bigger than phone's screen. Everything else phone does, without any throttling I have seeing as of yet.

6. H3R3T1C

H3R3T1C "Question Everything"

Oct 4, 2013
    I have Starlink and so far its been great. very little downtime and for TV I use KlowdTV. com and Pluto.tv

The speeds are great, and its not capped at a limit, it works great in the west but the Starlink map looks like its spotty service east of the Mississippi.

I have had the VZW hotspot, and it was good but only until 30gb.

Starlink is the way to go. The RV service is nice but tis the same price as the residential with mobility, you cant just suspend it like you can with RV service.

7. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    71759.jpg

This is 3 weeks of normal, usual use. Yes, Starlink is a good thing to have, not everyone can afford it though. I can, but why would I?)

8. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    I've used it in ms and East works great still.

9. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    I have never had a plan that allowed 40gb a month of tethering that might make me reconsider
    But the worst throttling I get in in mexico where I am only allowed .5gb a day.
    I also overland through some really remote places where there is no signal of any kind and you need In reach from garmin to send a text message.
    Think how cool it would be camped out on a mountain top or remote beach and in total internet range with blazing fast speeds the whole time

10. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    If I'd do what you do I'd get what you got :D

PS: It is called Elite unlimited. They upped 30 to 40 Gb recently. But 30 was enough for me anyways.

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

ustvgo.tv provides free TV, no account, no credit card, includes American broadcast networks, ESPN channels, regional college sports networks.
    More channels than KlowdTV

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.