start a strike

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by Paul Geanta, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    You're not the first. You won't be the last.

Some of this post isn't relavent, but I don't feel like sliming it down.

Another poster a week or two ago was suggesting the same, but was protesting the mass of restrictions that are placed on us now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Too many of you have mouths to feed and many of you just don't give a big enough sht to make any of this happen

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  4. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    You summed up my statement from my post. That's quite accurate.

This has little to do with just independent drivers. It's everyone.

Do not mistake my statement for unwillingness to act. I would like change just as much as you. But I follow a different path. I lead by example.

It is a longer and more subtle way of doing things, but if you want to start a revolution of sorts then someone has to prove it can be done.

5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    It won't work.. Independents may lose a customer but they won't lose their job

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  6. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    The ones that need to do something are ironically the ones that don't know or care they are being screwed over.

The newbies and those that work (and are okay with the treatment they get) for a mega.

7. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    The American work force has become way too submissive to force any meaningful change in trucking or anywhere else, IMO.

brsims and Vilhiem Thank this.
  8. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    I think many have this notion that you're required to work for whatever you're told. It's true that you shouldn't expect a six digit salary on an entry level job, but I do feel that you should receive a livable wage.

I encountered this at my previous job as a lead pharmacy technician. I was paid beans, if that. But I had been there 7 years. I hired, fired, filed legally binding paperwork (if filled out wrong, prison time for me potentially.), and of course handled folks meds. Yet despite all that, our highest paid person only made 15$/hour. I was getting close at 11.50$, but I had to fight tooth and nail to get it.

While slightly off topic, the downfall of our society will I believe be caused by the "fat people" of today. And I don't mean literally fat. I mean they are sated, or too afraid to complain. We've become stagnant and many are happy with the stagnation....

Politicians may be helping that along, but the reality is that we use them only as a scapegoat. Someone to blame when we don't know what else to do.

Anyways, backing off the politics. Plus, I have stops to make.

Mr.X Thanks this.
  9. str8t10

str8t10 Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Rochester,ny
    I completely agree. While I'm not new to driving I'm new to driving tractor trailers. I just went thru a private cdl school in may. Paid my own way as I didn't want to owe anyone or sign my life away to a mega. 6 grand it cost and I was looking at werner for 25 cpm as my only starter company. That's complete and total bs for what we do. When the recruiter for werner came he churches up the pitch on you can make 60 to 80 g's your first yr. I asked him for an example and he said it depends on your position. So I said ok! Northeast regional dollar general dedicated average yearly salary. He changed the subject 3 times. It's despicable. I was blessed and found local tanker company that hauls by products that are processed in to biodiesel. We get paid by the load but it averages out to 46 to 50 cpm. Small co. @ 12 to 15 trucks. I'm glad I didn't fall for the big show of the mega carriers while attending school

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Canned Spam, Puppage and Vilhiem Thank this.
  10. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Now THAT'S just evil.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Vilhiem Thanks this.
  11. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Don't you know? Collective bargaining is not allowed, re: Scott Walker. Besides, isn't there a better idea than creating more negativity, a "negativity race?" You do what I don't like, I do what you don't like, but I do it even more? There would be a lot more effectiveness in winning representatives over to our position with good work and a good percentage of compliance before breaking any good will we might have even more. When we see more than 2 truck drivers agreeing on something, let's talk then.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.