Start at McElroy on Monday!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by RevKev, Feb 2, 2013.

1. RevKev

RevKev Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    I haven't run the numbers for an average overall since going out solo till now. I've been out right at 4.5 months solo now. However, I'd guess I'm averaging around 1950 miles a week. A guy who went thru training with me says he's been getting 2100-2300 a week for a while now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Yeah, I've been to the South Pitt terminal a few times. Great folks there. Sounds like you & I chose MTL for very similar reasons. I'd add, for me, I just didn't want to pull a box. ;)

4. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    RevKev:

Glad to see that you are doing good over there. I hope that they treat you well and you continue with them. I know they are Christian people and I think that plays a big part in the way they treat people. Wish you well.

Terry

RevKev Thanks this.
  5. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Thanks, Terry! Yeah, they're treating me fine. Compared to what I read as to how some places treat drivers, I really can't complain at all.

6. wareagle_20

wareagle_20 Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2013
    My husband starts at MTL next Monday and was wondering do they supply you with securement (straps, etc) and GPS or do you have to supply that yourself?

7. chadastrophic

chadastrophic Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2011
    You'll have everything you need to secure your loads.

Qualcomm has the worst GPS setup there is. Get your own trucker GPS.

8. Mrcam216

Mrcam216 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Have any of you worked for Averitt or know about them? I've been looking at there threads and was just wondering what you guys thought about them.

9. chadastrophic

chadastrophic Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Their military style appearence/dress code turned me off. No facial hair no thank you.

Plus it didn't sound like their flatbed division got many miles. That was about 18 months ago.

10. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Averitt was one of the two dry van companies I really looked into while I was in CDL school & considering what company to go with first. Recruiter came by & talked with us, gave us his pitch. Found out a friend of mine that had started driving 4 or 5 years ago was with Averitt. He lives in Arkansas. Called him up, & he said he's really happy there & typically bringing home $550 or so a week. That was all I really needed to hear b/c bringing home only that much per week in my first year trucking wasn't going to make me happy, let alone after a few years.

11. Mrcam216

Mrcam216 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, .35 cpm is kinda turning me off. Their training pay is $600 per week and I think mtl is $450 per week. Before doing research I was kinda thinking higher training pay must mean higher overall pay, but that may not be the case in this situation. I couldn't find much info about their flatbed pay. I wish someone would have made a thread as in depth as yours. Lol
    As long as I can average about $850+ a week, I will be a happy trucker. (Take home $700+)
    I should hear tomorrow from the review board if I'm good to go.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.