Start at McElroy on Monday!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by RevKev, Feb 2, 2013.

1. hors_19

hors_19 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Fennimore, WI
    You could try it with mine but my trailer is only about 17" off the ground. LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RevKev

RevKev Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Day 2 of Week 1 Training was another rainy one. No big deal though, as the morning was spent in the classroom, going over trip planning, log book, & Qualcomm. After lunch we hit the road for another road test/evaluation. This one was a good bit longer than the first one, putting us on various situations. Everyone in our class did well. Even so, it was still back to the terminal for more on-the-road shift training ---which really just means more seat time! Now I'm back in the hotel room finishing up on my homework...another trip plan, complete with logging the trip & doing a recap. Really can't say enough about our instructors. They're really good communicators/teachers; know how to work with people; encouraging.

Lefty1 and bchawkins7 Thank this.
  4. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    That's funny right there! Maybe she could practice on yours & move up to a higher one!? Baby steps, y'know. ;)

5. hors_19

hors_19 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Fennimore, WI
    Well i have options, 17", around 36" and normal flatbed height. See a one stop shop.

6. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Ah! So it's a full service sorta deal. Cool! You could provide a "Progressive Tarp Lifting" course!

7. raetnrunner

raetnrunner Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Knoxville, Tennessee
  8. jeremyn540

jeremyn540 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hey Rev, Benn keepin up with your status and congrats buddy! I Just through my first week with McElroy down here in pleasant hill. Hopefully start training week Monday, will find out tomorrow. I have to agree with you though, so far, am VERY pleased with this outfit. My trainer is AWESOME!!!

bchawkins7 and RevKev Thank this.
  9. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Glad you've had a good week! I'll find out who my driver trainer is tomorrow & finish up week 1 training about noon. We finished load securement training this morning & then most of us got out on road for an hour or so with our shift training instructor. Nice sunny weather, just a great afternoon for a drive. He gave me some really nice encouragement toward the end of the ride, saying, "well, you're definitely ready to get on the truck with a trainer." Or, maybe he meant he'd rather me be driving any other truck than his!? Eghad!! I didn't think of that till just now! Oops. LOL!

We also got in a little more time in the simulator. That thing throws some incredible stuff at ya.

Have a great Week 1 of training next week. If you're still there at the end of Thursday, you're already figured in to get that employee number tomorrow. ;)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    The Challenger, MJ1657 and Lefty1 Thank this.
  10. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    Good luck to ya RevKev :thumbup:

RevKev Thanks this.
  11. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Thanks, PG! Much appreciated. Hope all's well with you & your running good...uh, make that "plenty good"! ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.