Start at McElroy on Monday!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by RevKev, Feb 2, 2013.

1. RevKev

RevKev Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Week 1 Training is done! Actually back home by 2:30pm, after a couple errands. I'll be heading out with my trainer sometime Sun afternoon. He's located only about 35 miles from me, so that's great! Looking forward to meeting him & getting on the road after a little time with my bride (ie, taking care of the honey-do list) this weekend! lol. Of course, she IS due a nice Valentine's dinner out tomorrow night. :) Y'all be safe out there!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Sounds like the no fun part is over ands your'e in the drivers seat.

Congratulations

RevKev Thanks this.
  4. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    LOL! Yep! Even though the past two weeks weren't bad at all, I am glad to be getting into that truck Sunday! :)

5. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    Congrats RevKev. Good luck and stay safe out there Man. And I speak for all of us in the Maroon trucks with this, I appreciate your respectful comments a couple pages ago. You are correct, our recruiting department is just swamped day in and day out. Nice to see your attitude reflects understanding of their predicament when dealing with potential recruits. Some seem to not understand that they are not the only person trying to hire on here.

vhughes and RevKev Thank this.
  6. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    Oh! And for the record, I would never be caught dead in any truck with "Maze and Blue" colors LOL!! Go Bucks!

7. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    LOL! Did not know you were a Buckeye! Glad to know you can relate somewhat to my early sentiment though! lol

jxu417 Thanks this.
  8. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Well, thanks for all your help/advice/input. In regard to my comments concerning Maverick, the way I see it is why flame a company over hiring timeframe that doesn't necessarily meet my needs? I can't control their timeframe any more than they can mine. Doesn't make a company bad, nor me unreasonable. It's just life.

I see a lot of Maverick & McElroy trucks running the same lanes all the time, especially near where I live. Hope to meet up with ya out there on the road sometime! Be safe out there!

9. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Well, I'll be meeting up with my driver trainer tomorrow (Sun) afternoon to head out for my first of 4 weeks with him. We won't have too long of a run tomorrow, just heading to where we'll unload at 7AM Monday. Gonna get parked for the night, get our 10, & be ready for the next day. Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Y'all be safe out there!

10. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    I always enjoy reading new posts on here hope it goes well for you. I too want to get into flat bedding but can't find the right one at this point and I am sure I will find a company to hire on with in time. Until then I will stay with the vans.

RevKev Thanks this.
  11. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    I'd think with your experience it wouldn't be hard at all for you get on somewhere, but fully understand about "finding the right one". All the best to ya!

popcorn169 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.