Start at McElroy on Monday!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by RevKev, Feb 2, 2013.

1. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Oh yes there is never a shortage of whining going on.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RevKev

RevKev Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Well, my trainer has put me in the passenger seat for a little bit this afternoon. We got out of the truck a little while ago to pick up a load, & as he was walking around the front of the truck he found it ---- I'd hit a woodpecker, centered it in the grill......and this after during a conversation just yesterday in which he'd indicated how much he actually liked red headed woodpeckers!! Boy, I got some nerve, don't I? LOL Now he says he has to figure out whether he wants to start calling me "Woodpecker" or just "Bird Killer"! LOL

(Oh, & before anyone takes my being in the passenger seat as an actual response to hitting the bird, calm down. He just likes doing a very small amount of the driving while out with a trainee).

4. raetnrunner

raetnrunner Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    How funny! Poor bird~ lol

5. eperez

eperez Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Newnan GA
    I just graduated also and looking towards mcelroy what did you here about the company,

6. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Well, this entire thread has been about my experience with McElroy since I started with them back on Feb 4th. It will give you some basic info as to what to expect during the week of orientation, Week 1 Training, & the first 2 weeks out on a trainer truck. Just go back up to the top of the first page of the thread. Hopefully you'll find some helpful info there. I'm about to update as well.

7. RevKev

Jan 12, 2013
    Decatur, AL
    Now completed the first two weeks on the trainer truck. Stayed very busy this week. I mean, the first week was busy, didn't have to sit too terribly much, but this week there was no sitting at all...couple of 500+ mile days (one being right at 600).

The type loads varied, couple of big coils, lumber, rolled roofing, drywall, etc. So, plenty of varied load securement & tarp training. Not difficult, just a lot of details to remember & keep in order. Repition will be a very good thing!

Y'all be safe out there.

Lefty1 Thanks this.
  8. eperez

eperez Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Newnan GA
    Do you get mile pay with trainer or straight pay .Also do they rein burst for school.also when you finish the training how many miles do you get when you are on your own.

9. eperez

eperez Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Newnan GA
    Sorry to bother you is tarping hard to do.

10. eperez

eperez Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Newnan GA
    sorry to bother you is tarping hard to do also how are there trucks are they manual log do they have gps

11. GA_Rookie

GA_Rookie Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Northwest, GA
    Lefty1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.