Start Orientation July 2014

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Gr8Dane, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Gstxd

Gstxd Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Yea I can't wait to have my own schedule

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gr8Dane

Gr8Dane Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Chicago, IL.
    I'm @ a WilcoHess truck stop in Niota, TN. off I-75 ... Heading to MD. tmw. Did our first tarp load today - my trainer is a whiz at it. We tarped and strapped a good size load in about 40 min- I was like holy crap I'll never b this fast - think I was in his way most of the time ...lol. I was thinking , at $40 a tarp he was making a buck a minute lol

4. Gstxd

Gstxd Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Yea we had brought a load from canada with two tarps. I think we did good. Took a while but not too bad. Luckily it was 68 out so we didn't die

5. mparks90

mparks90 Light Load Member

May 30, 2014
    Stopped in dunnigan ca for the night, I'll be driving mountains again all day again tomorrow!! Max weight also, should be interesting! So far we have only wait 30 mins at the most to get a pre plan after a empty call!!! Trainer is loving these 600 mile days!! Pops don't get to crazy out there we don't want ya to break a hip!

6. Gstxd

Gstxd Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Well the loaders might have got us. We did 16 chains, weighted it and the back tandems are just over the limit, good job to them

7. Gr8Dane

Gr8Dane Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Chicago, IL.
    lol... It's not my hip I'm worried about. You've been driving about 50 miles more a day than me. Not bad for a AARP member :p Camped out @ con in MD. Drove thru DC.. what a pita....reminds me of chi-town.

8. Gr8Dane

Gr8Dane Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Chicago, IL.
    Well that sux... What Did they do, move it or take some off?

9. mparks90

May 30, 2014
    Hahah! We are parked at our consignee in Camby or, hoping they unload us first thing in the morning, I'm ready for these 21 days to be over! I hate sharing the truck!!!

10. mparks90

May 30, 2014
    Dropped the load off in Camby Oregon yesterday, dead headed to Medford Oregon, for a load of fiber cement siding, that delivers on boulder Colorado tommorow! Spent last night in weed ca, got up at 330 ca time, will be parking it In Salt Lake City Utah tonight! Ef. Pops, where almost done with this part lol!

11. Gr8Dane

Gr8Dane Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Chicago, IL.
    And then there was 3. This will be my last post in this thread. Pulled the plug today. The OTR life style just ain't in the cards for this ole man. Plus major problems on the home front doesn't help either.

Slim and Ef, good luck to you guys! Hope it works out great for you. Not sure how Ran is doing but I hope good. Melton seems to be a great company to work for and I have nothing bad to say about them. My trainer did a great job and was also a very good guy. Nothing he did or said made me want to leave...it was my own choice.

I learned a lot in my short time there thanks to my trainer and the instructors at orientation. I've still got boat loads more to learn. I may try to find a local gig that has me home every night or go back to construction.

Stay safe all and watch out for all those idiot 4 wheelers! :p

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.