Start Stevens Training Next Week!

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by ajb293, Feb 6, 2015.

1. ajb293

ajb293 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Almost there is right only 5 days left! Today was alley docking first half and I got 4 tries in before lunch. I landed in the lane 3 out of the 4 with the other truck missing my first one both wide and early :) We did a bunch of turns down in commerce city today on the road and that was pretty much it. I got John Wick and Lucy for tomorrow (Sundays are god awful they go by sooooooo slow here!). If anyone has any specific questions now is the time to ask!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ajb293

ajb293 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Yesterday was only half a day of alley docking for me. When it came to road time our truck had a really bad oil leak and needed service. Today I'm alley docking and doing well. I have just today and tomorrow left before our road test. The 3 weeks has gone by pretty quick with the first week feeling the slowest. Its snowing lightly out here today and its actually going to warm up quite a bit as we head out of here.

4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Good of luck to you! You've got this!

5. ajb293

ajb293 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Alright guys its all done here I passed! Careers Worldwide is the school Steven's sent me to. The last three weeks has gone by really fast and actually quite enjoyable! All the instructors here treat you with respect and want you to succeed. If you put forth effort and patience you will have your CDL! Tomorrow I'm going to be back on the Greyhound heading for Dallas. I'm really hoping Steven's hires me as the pre-hire is not a gurantee. Lastly this whole experience so far has gone better then I expected its really nothing like the nay sayers say.

KMac Thanks this.
  6. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!

7. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    first step done. The only reason stevens will not hire you now, is if you lied on your application, which includes by omission, or you fail the drug screen.

Now the learning continues.

It is amazing just how fast the whole training period goes by.

8. ajb293

ajb293 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I shouldn't have any problems then :) It does go by extremely fast! The only slow week was the first and even that went by pretty quick.

9. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    So what happened in Dallas?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.