Start USX on 03/07/11 ??

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Mr.V, Feb 4, 2011.

1. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    talked with a USX driver in one of those new Petes saturday while making a short run to Etowah TN. the above info is confirmed. the volvos are being removed and cascadias and petes are replacing them with the 10 speed trannies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr.V

Mr.V Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    HATBORO,PA
  4. Poobah

Poobah Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Arizona

To each his own. I've driven all three while with USX and personally I'd rather live in a 780!!

5. Traveler58

Traveler58 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Northeast, PA
    But they already have the parts in stock ,and some trucks are still under warranty.I can see replacing them when they have the 500,000 mi.
    I loved the 780 when I drove for USX. I retired May 2009 from them

6. slowtrain

slowtrain Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2010
    18 wheel prison
    I'm out of Springfield.

7. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    I was at the Irving TX terminal yesterday and was drooling over the whole line of brand new 2011 Cascadias w/10 speeds on the back fence.

8. Mr.V

Mr.V Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    HATBORO,PA
    Well things are set and I need to confirm date by the end of week.
    Do you guys run loads to Canada?
    I was told they have new terminal in shippensburg,PA or if it's considered a terminal. But for hometime , I can fit the power unit in driveway but NOT :biggrin_25513:the trailor, is there secure locations USX has in Philadelphia area?
    I guees i'll find out soon enough. I'll keep you updated

miz860 I hope your on road!!

9. linadin

linadin Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Fayetteville, NC
    not required to run to Canada i just ran a load that was going there. there is a drop yard in kenmore ny. I have run a few loads to other drop yards near border as well. Shippensburg is a full service terminal about 130 miles from philly you also have camp hill terminal as well. Not sure were in Philly you live but I have a house in south Jersey i go to alot. I have bobtailed from shippensburg a few times.

10. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    I live in Northern Colorado and we do not have a terminal here. There is a drop yard in Denver but I have been told I can drop a trailer at the Budweiser plant or the WalMart Distribution Center near my home.

11. Mr.V

Mr.V Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    HATBORO,PA
    Well I need to make up mind between USX or Schneider.

SNI-offers 6 on 3 home,slip seating, .31cpm HHG /.115 of that per diem for every mile, NE regional & parts of Canada

USX- offers national(OTR) sliding scale-.25 to .34 pending length of haul Rand McNally, 12 on 2 home,get assigned ur own Trk, 70% drp&hk 98% no touch (sweet), take trk home (sweet) Teaming available

Cons
    USX- automatic
    SNI- stuck in NE,different TRK each time I go out, length of hauls 150 to 350
    yeah the hometime looks good but is there enough miles to make some$$$
    in 6 days.
    I know I gotta do whats best for me and the family but I'm getting tired of banging my head against the wall !! LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.