Start Werner on Wed in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Snowshoes, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I start orientation with Werner on Wednesday, Yes, I know allot of people don't like them, and that is fine.
    My question is, Is anyone else going to be starting on Wed?

Best of luck to all you guys, keep the shiny side up and maybe we will see you on the road.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. booba92EZ

booba92EZ Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    hi, hope you enjoy your time at Werner, i ve been there for a year now and im doing good. if you have questions u can ask me

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  4. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Hey booba92EZ, Thanks for the welcome. I see so many negative posts about Werner, but so far all the ACTUAL Werner drivers I have talked to, all seem at least content with the company. All of the recruiters I have talked to seem friendly enough.
    Do you drive OTR, Dedicated, or Regional? I will be driving Family Dollar dedicated. Do you know if Werner has transponders for the weigh stations? I had one with Crete...the only GOOD thing I can say for Crete.

5. booba92EZ

Jun 3, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    i do dedicated, i am going home 2 days a weeks, i have the same feeling. everybody talk #### about werner, but drivers from werner look happy.

this is not the compagny where you gonna make the most money. but trust me compare to some other big compagny, they treat you pretty good. but you have to make your own opinion.

yes all the truck the bypass for scales. so you bypass scale 90% of the time .

6. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Next month I will have a year with werner and I really like this company decent trucks, decent pay and they have so many options for you to adjust yourself and decide what to do, just in the northeast they got about 13 different accounts that you can work in, staples, office max, sears, family dollar,dollar tree,dollar general, walmart, the steel account, target(those are the ones I know from the top of my head) so let the weak unorganized ones complaint. Long live werner enterprises! Welcome to the team!

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  7. Bullseye

Bullseye Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Calhoun, GA
    Will be going to orentation the end of the month for dedicated Dollar General. Let me know all about orentation and training.

8. Bullseye

Bullseye Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Calhoun, GA
    I am going to be dedicated with General Dollar. I am located in Georgia. Are you usually back home Friday afternoon and leave out Sunday afternoon?

9. booba92EZ

Jun 3, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    hi , you probably, going to be home on friday evening or saturday morning and back to work on monday morning.

at the orientation, they show you a lot of videos, and also CBT classes ( computer training)

then you will be assign for a trainer, you will have to drive for 275 hours before to get in your own. i think they pay you 400 a week starting at your first day of orientation

10. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Hello everyone, I reported last night start orientation at 6 am...it's about 5 now.
    Since I do have some experience with a break in driving I will drive with a trainer for 172 hours, so that's not bad, I'm hoping I get a co driver/trainer that wants to run super solo as quick as he can so I can get as many hours behind the wheel as soon as I can, not sure what the requirements are....Find out today.
    I talked to a few drivers some experienced and some new, the experienced all seemed to like it here, when I got to the terminal yesterday a few were turning trucks in for service or something, so I had a great opportunity to talk with a few.
    I will update this evening when I get back to my room.

Oh Bullseye, one word when it comes to your transportation to orientation...FLY! suck up the expense and fly, they will reimburse you up to the cost of the bus ticket. It took me 20 hours to get from Provo to Phoenix. The stuff I saw in that 20 hours....makes me shudder just to think about it....

11. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    1st day was painless, a lot of CBT but fairly simple, If you know your basics, it will be easy.
    They did the physical and UA, photo for ID and map reading 101. All pretty basic stuff.

I did find out, I won't be able to kick start the co driver thing like I wanted, I will have to follow a program to the letter, so no getting through the co driver/trainee phase quick like I wanted....Oh well. I will take it as it comes and learn everything I can from my co drivers experience and knowledge.

I will let you know what happens tomorrow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.