Start Werner on Wed in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Snowshoes, Sep 28, 2012.

1. zahm

zahm Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Great, thanks for such an immediate answer! I'll see if I can confirm that by calling an internal recruiter tomorrow, because that would be fantastic for me. I live closer to Nebraska, but I'd love an excuse to visit my brother in Tempe for a few days before training.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
  4. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Hey, was curious as to what you had found out.

5. zahm

zahm Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Actually, I haven't called Werner yet because I've been too busy these past few days, haha. Definitely going to call tomorrow, though. I passed my CDL test on Friday and I'm ready to go wherever they tell me to now.

6. zahm

zahm Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Turns out that I can attend orientation down in Phoenix. However, the internal recruiter checked with her supervisor and said it was okay, but specified that the bus fare wouldn't be covered at all (as opposed to what I heard from a recruiter in-person at my driving school; he said that they'd cover the difference of the fare to Omaha, and I'd pay the rest). I gotta order my ticket soon anyway, so I'll probably just keep all my receipts until I get there...

7. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    The people in Phoenix were great. Rosa (orientation director) was a great person to work with. A few of the drivers were kind of standoffish, and had some negative things to say, but I think they were the type to whine about a sunny day. Most of the other drivers were great to talk to and very friendly.
    Good luck to you. Keep a positive attitude and they will treat you well.

8. newberick

newberick Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Fort Edward NY
    Thanks for the info snowshoes.I will be starting oreintation around Dec 17 in Allentown Pa to drive NE Regional. I think Werner will be a good starter Company for me.

9. Snowshoes

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    You are very welcome. I think Werner will be a good starter company.

10. flyspy

flyspy Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2012
    I can't speak from personal experience but a buddy of mine loves them. He is out 14 days back 3.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.