Started PTEC in St. Petersburg, FL

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by strawberryrhubarbpie, Aug 22, 2011.

1. DocG

DocG Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Florida
    Very nice, keep up with the updates. Fellow FL drivers!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cliff

cliff Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2010
    arizona
    Good Luck Strawberry hope the best for you and your husband me myself still reading what everyone has to say about the schools take care

4. strawberryrhubarbpie

strawberryrhubarbpie Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Ft Myers, FL
    Hey everybody, just wanted to update that we survived the week long orientation and were awarded with a driver number on Friday. There were some tests we had to do on Thursday (trip planning in the classroom and pretrip/driving/backing test with the driver instructor) and another final test on Friday as well as final paperwork, getting issued our fuel card and boots. Then they rented a car for us to get home. Now we are waiting for our trainer to take us out, he called to let us know he will be ready for us on Thursday or Friday. We will continue to learn how to do all the Macros with him (they touched on them in class but there's no replacement for doing it in the real world) as well as real world trip planning and how to handle the paperwork. We will be with the trainer for about 2 weeks, and then it's back to the OC for our final SQT's, and then we get issued our very own truck! Let the adventure begin :)

JP11283 and Spacecoast Thank this.
  5. STARDRIVER1

STARDRIVER1 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2008
    ILLINOIS
  6. bbillybob49

bbillybob49 Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2011
    clearwater, fl.
    I am locked into their Jan.9th course with my 85 dollar payment and clean with all their background checks. Hope to here more from u two as to how the class is going.

7. strawberryrhubarbpie

strawberryrhubarbpie Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Ft Myers, FL
    bbillybob, we finished the course a few weeks ago. Now we are in our training phase at Schneider National. Good luck! And if Al tells you 'get your speed up' tell him, safe drivers drive slow!

8. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I passed two Ptec trucks today as I was heading home. They were going north on 75, past the 285 FlyingJ exit. (I was heading south towards home) If I remember, it was the nice road truck and then I guess the bad kids were in truck 320. (which was also used when I went there!) I waved but I doubt they would recognize me unless Al recognized the company logo.

strawberryrhubarbpie Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.