starting 2012 with a bang - TMC orientation

Discussion in 'TMC' started by dropdeck, Dec 30, 2011.

1. dropdeck

dropdeck Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio
    I got a call yesterday from tmc. They ask when I wanted to start orientation ? I replied ASAP. I will be one the big gray dog Monday and report for orientation tuesday morning . I am honored to start the new year with tmc. It will feel good to work with a company that is not going broke. My last job was going no were. I gave up ten year hauling a 53'step deck dedicated to hauling our products to customers. The money and love was just not there any more. It was getting so bad that they were running out of places to get our trucks service. Because they owed every shop around money. I do a four day orientation then some time with a trainer . I don't mind getting paid to learn thier ropes. I will post when I can next week and try te keep up to date. I have looked long and hard to find the right company . I think I found the one for me. Wish me luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    AWWW Dropdeck you are dissing me bro. It's cool I am thinking about going to TMC once I get some experience. I don't want to do almost 2 months training before I get my truck so I will do 3 with PGT then learn the ropes that way. Good luck bro and drive safe.

dropdeck Thanks this.
  4. Drew352

Drew352 Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Leesburg,fl
    Hope everything works out for you and that you enjoy TMC

dropdeck Thanks this.
  5. dropdeck

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio
    Sorry Miz860. I look in to pgt but liked what tmc had to offer. Pay home,home time, equipment,etc. If I was you I would stay there for at least 1 year. Get some solid experience. Not a good idea to job hop after only 3 months .good luck with them and hope you found child care by now .

6. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
  7. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    A ten year career doing the job, and you require a 4 day orientation and THEN time with a trainer.

WADDA!

8. dropdeck

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio
    Because I was dedicated to one account . I have never hauled steal coils along with some of the other things they haul. Plus I have only trapd two loads in 10 years.I'm use to hauling heavy machinery,heavy all terrain caterpillars. I know load securement and regulations. I don't mind the hands on training expescially when it comes to a 50 lb coil.

9. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Gotcha

Those 50 pounders are pretty hairey...you gotta watch them. :biggrin_25523:

ps:I am guessing you mean 50,000 lb coils.

dirtyjerz and dropdeck Thank this.
  10. dropdeck

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio
    Yeah I ment 50,000 lb

The hard part about a 50 pounder is keeping it from rolling out of the glove box. LOL

11. DC804

DC804 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    Big day tomorrow man good luck.

dropdeck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.