Starting a businnes creating a plan!!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by kwan2323, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Aces-N-Eights

Aces-N-Eights Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Mobile, AL
    THIS IS A POST I MADE A FEW MONTHS AGO - LETS FAST FORWARD TO TODAY:
    To add to this - cracked / rusted frame just cost me almost $40k to repair and replace (and 2 1/12 months downtime). Assume NOTHING when buying a truck OR trailer. The finacials are enough stress on their own. I should mention the tremendous amount of stress that being out of work (AND still spending money) has put on my relationship. Please read and heed.... and DON'T make some of the mistakes I did.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kwan2323

kwan2323 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2018

All this even if I leased on with a company ??? Can we stay in touch like to know more from u !?

Aces-N-Eights Thanks this.
  4. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    I remember reading that post. It's a real eye opener.

homeskillet and Aces-N-Eights Thank this.
  5. Aces-N-Eights

Feb 21, 2018
    Mobile, AL
    That's a prime example of HARD TRUTH of trucking. Fortunately, this is a long time dream coming to fruition. Even with all the planning that was put into this project, more time AND MONEY was required than initially projected. Moral of the story....? Dont be the guy that's a $15000 mechanical issue away from bankruptcy. UPSIDE? She's gonna be a beautiful work horse when she's done!!
    #resurrection

6. Aces-N-Eights

Feb 21, 2018
    Mobile, AL
    ABSOLUTELY!! All of this was to truly go out on my own with my own authority. I have never leased. But like anything, take what you can from my experiences. Plan on posting a vid-blog on the whole process once done. Will post a link (if allowed by admins) once I have the final touches completed and editing is done. Best of luck to ya and if i can be of ANY help please let me know!!

7. kwan2323

Apr 2, 2018
    Looking At leasing a truck through Carolina logistics

8. kwan2323

Apr 2, 2018
    Is getloaded. Com a good company to get your business started to go through ??

9. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You need to learn the numbers to run a truck. You should spec orbug a truck for MPH. When the economy slows down pennys per miles make a big difference. I seen a couple guys on YouTube go buy very expensive trucks to run. They can get away with the rates so high now but when they drop again they may be in trouble.

Buying a used emission truck could be a bad idea. They are just to expensive to repair. Leasing a truck almost never a good deal.

10. kwan2323

Apr 2, 2018
    I'm was looking to. Put my truck on with a company and start there or should I go Get my own authority ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.