Starting a container company

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by DesiTrucker, Oct 6, 2016.

1. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    What do you mean r u talking about rail box csx or port rail work is typically domestic freight but not all of it but 98% and the rates sucks port work is all import and export freight rates are typically much better

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Another thing to consider working the port twice card is mandatory and if you have even a little issue you won't get one twice cards as far as I know not required for rail work

4. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Twic card dam spell check

5. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    No I'm not doing rails at all I learned my lesson I'm talking about the differences, I used to pay 7k when I had mines but it was because I used a friend of mines address in NC but when I try to get a quote in nj it was almost 20k and at that price I'm not sure is worth it for me

6. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    R u talking about cargo ins trucking liability. I don't know it use to be 10k per truck in my opinion if you have 3 trucks and work lined up and think u can grow and bring one or two owner ops on maybe you should look at opening an agency with Evans or horizon those jump out for me you run on there numbers u clear yourself of all liability they bill the customer take care of logs safety issues random drug screen they pay the trucks offer Com data to drivers and they take 15-17% of your gross billing except fsc you decided what that # is and after that the send you a check for the difference after there cut and drivers are paid it's really not a bad deal. The liability issue is huge now a days just think if you have three trucks under your rights that's about 30- if your right 80k a year just for ins

MrReactor Thanks this.
  7. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Running the port your insurance have to include UIIA, becarefull which insurance company you choose because some insurance won't cover some shipline. Ask your insurance company if they have a list of shipline you cannot pull.

8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    I'm going to check them out and check insurance rates

9. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Good luck !

10. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    upon speaking to horizon I decided not to do it, the startup cost are way too high (they wanted 45k) plus some franchise share.. they lost me after 45k going to wait to see what this year brings and then probably make the jump to dry van again

11. 617strong

617strong Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    That seems high and I'm not sure why they want that money up front . I wonder if they want u to have atleast 45k in customer revenue coming in usually they won't just let u sigh on with no pre existing work .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.