starting a dump trucking co.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Houndstooth, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Dump Truckin

Dump Truckin Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Try going to different quarries, asphalt concrete plants etc and throw your name out there. They'll even tell you companies and/or brokers they use and you can try and contact them. It's rough right now though for newbies. Good luck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    This was something my former boss told me when I was contemplating buying a tri-axle. At the time of our discussion he said they were just getting paid for work we did six months earlier.

4. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    Being already in it, I'm kinda stuck with it, but If I was to be getting my own truck now knowing that we've got 4 more years of Him, I'd be leery about getting work found. Although most of our business is done on residential constructoin on high dollar homes, most of them 2nd homes for the folks he promises to tax tax tax away.This year we also got about 3 weeks on chip sealing subdivisions and county roads. How the politics dictate the work you do in your area could be completley different though. Around here some are going long ways to get work or are talking about selling off their truck.

5. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Get yourself a jmh dump trailer and haul scrap metal hauling dirt,asphalt,rock,etc don't pay crap

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.