Starting A New Life

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Truckingmommy, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Truckingmommy

Truckingmommy Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2013
    So I'm going to lay it all out to you guys please dont judge.

For the last three years my husband has tried to keep a steady job that will cover all our bills. Safe to say he was unsuccessful I have always enjoyed being on the road and have spent many years of my life traveling the US. The last few months of our life was slightly depressing and a friend had offered an illegal drug to help and stupidly I took it. I was depressed, my children were away for the weekend. I thought no harm no foul. Then my husband came home the next day saying he was fired...again.

I had had enough. I knew the trucking industry is always looking for drivers and started researching. I found stevens to be the best company for me seeing as they will finance my training and are close to my state. I know DOT requires urine analysis but some companies are choosing to do hair follicle. I do not do drugs on a regular basis and when I decided to become a trucker they are out of my life permanently My problem lays in the fact I need to start training as soon as possible to help support my children. My question to you fine people is whether stevens does a urine or hair test. As I said I no longer participate in any drugs and have not done so for two months. However hair tests go back farther than that so I was hoping you all might know of what the recent policy is for testing.

RAGE 18 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigTruckChuck

BigTruckChuck Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Dallas
    Pee, Just took one 2 days ago. I didn't even study and I'm sure I passed.

4. Truckingmommy

Truckingmommy Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks Chuck! I can finish my application and get my new life on the road!

5. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    If you only did it one time then it will not show up.

6. pokerhound67

pokerhound67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    though this is not necessarily true, the chances are pretty slim that even a folicle test would show a one time use 2 months ago.

i judge fairly harshly the usage of illegal drugs when they may affect ones ability to drive. heck, i feel the same about legal drugs that impair. but the past is the past. assuming you are telling the truth, and can keep away from them for as long as you drive a cmv, then imo it is indeed no harm no foul. the problem is there are many who try to get around the rules to gain entrance to a driving job, then resume their habitual drug use. or alcohol use. i saw statistics that say that .27% of ALL dot violations recorded were drug or alcohol related. thats a darn chilling statistic, and thats the reason you will see so much "judging" about those that ask about drug use. good luck to you.

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  7. Mattress Monkey

Mattress Monkey Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    The only big company I know that does a follicle test is roehl.

8. Dolla

Dolla Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Kokomo,In
    Schneider National does the hair test as well along with urine! 6 months usually is as far as they go bak with companies who do the hair test!

9. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    For peace of mind why not pay a few bucks and have a pee test of your own before going any further?

10. Mattress Monkey

Mattress Monkey Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Just remember one thing otr trucking is a lifestyle not a job.if your youngins are real young do 1 yr and go local.

11. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    Hows ur driving and criminal record?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.