Starting at covenant monday

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Pound4PoundMile4Mile, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Pound4PoundMile4Mile

Pound4PoundMile4Mile Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Montgomery, AL
    I'll be in chattanooga,tn sunday night to start orientation monday. Looking forward to it. I've heard the good and the bad, but i'm just happy to be back rolling. I'm going in as a "refresher". From what I understand it'll be orientation (3 days then a road test to see if I go strait out with as a team or with a trainer.I'm confidant (not ####y) so I'll probably go strait to teaming. I lost my lic. back in 09' (lead foot):biggrin_25513:, and believe me lesson well learned. So like I said i'm just happy to be back on the road, and covenant seemed like a good company to get some recent experience. I only need 6 months to a year . And I'll be going with a decent company close to home. (patiently waiting "sighs") So All I can do is pray for the best, and prepare for the worst either way I'm headed to covenant. I'll try to post more as I go along, if I have time of course.
    Wish me luck!:biggrin_25519:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
    123456 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hawkeye15

Hawkeye15 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Nashville TN
    Good luck to you there driver, I'm out here for my 2nd week now since coming off the trainer truck, and it hasn't been too bad. Sitting in Kansas city waiting on a load. Keep us posted and welcome back

4. Pound4PoundMile4Mile

Sep 7, 2009
    Montgomery, AL
    Got in yesterday about 1pm, checked in to the covenant hotel. When you check in you get a folder about a quarter inch thick full of papers to be filled out by the morning. The room is ok I read most of the previous covenant posts so I wasn't expecting much. There is a shuttle that runs every 15min.(walmart, terminal, bus station,etc.) They give you free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Compared to dinner last night, breakfast was pretty good,(two older women cooked bfast, almost like home). Then off to 1st day of orientation, The president of Covenant made a quick speech, filled out a few more pages of paper work (for UI, agility, physical).

I'm done with UI and agility, waiting on my physical (about 50 or so people in orientation so its gonna take a while. I'll post more when I'm done our maybe tue.

If there are any questions,or if I forgot something just ask. Be Safe.

5. Pound4PoundMile4Mile

Sep 7, 2009
    Montgomery, AL
    finished with the refresher program sunday, it was pretty strait forward. You come in thur. and start practicing on the forty five back on two separate courses. (7-5). Fri. Smith system and testing on the smith system, if your in the refresher its a no brainer. The back to the forty five course. Sat. More forty fives, and go on your road test. Sun.test out on your backing and the get your status.(solo, team, trainer)

I'm going team, found someone close by thats willing to run thru xmas so I should be outta here tue.

Hope this post was helpful, to any who read it. If you got any questions pm me.
    Otherwise wish me luck and good miles.

HeckIGot2Go! Thanks this.
  6. HeckIGot2Go!

HeckIGot2Go! Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Don't Mess/TX
    Thank you, that was very helpful.:biggrin_25514:

7. HeckIGot2Go!

HeckIGot2Go! Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Don't Mess/TX
    Hey Pound 4 Pound, what is the SMITH System?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.