Starting at Stevens

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Unkl L, Jun 5, 2012.

1. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    I was tested the second day of school, the first day of OR I, randomly during my third week out with the trainer and I am hald expecting to be tested again next week during OR II... so to recap that is three tests I have been tested 3 times in my first 8 weeks.

In other words, if you have reason to be concerned... look fir a different career.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Unkl L

Unkl L Light Load Member

May 10, 2012
    Daleville Alabama
    Good point kmac

KMac Thanks this.
  4. DemonMan

DemonMan Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    im doing my research on any and all company's i can do OJT just found out about stevens but it is looking good went to smith and solaman a few days back to discuss going there for my traning and lets just say i wouldn't recommend them to anyone . think i may give them a call tomorrow after work and talk to someone

5. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Smith & Solomon was my local choice too... I came to Stevens instead. I assume you are from the mid Atlantic area?

6. DemonMan

DemonMan Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    no honestly i am on the east coast

7. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    So is the mid atlantic... Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania etc.

8. DemonMan

DemonMan Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    unfotinly looks like steven's is not a option for me because 2 years ago i had to leave work and take care of my wife who was laid up with a injury and unable to take care of our children so CR England looks like it may be

and dont i look stupid not knowing delaware was mid atlantic lol

9. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Are you from Delaware? I grew up in New Castle, now live in Middletown, or should I say now cisit Middletown LOL.

10. Cornbread 1983

Cornbread 1983 Bobtail Member

KMac,

Any pointers for a rookie?..... I will be attending Stevens CDL training on August 12. I had multiple choices but narrowed it down to FFE or Stevens and Stevens is where I will be attending.

11. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Best poinger I can give is to get a TX CDL manual and study it. Remember the school is going to teach you how to pass the test and get your CDL, your 5 weeks with the trainer will teach you to drive a truck.

The Texas CDL book is available on line, down load it and pay special attention to Chapter 14. There are special requirements for Texas. You will take written tests on General Knowledge, combination vehicles, air brakes, Special Requirements (the afore mentioned Chapter 14) and one other that is escaping me right now.

All in all its not very difficult, just be patient, study the manual and pay attention in class.

Make a visit to your local truckstop some time and look around at some.of fhe.other drivers... you will be telling yourself, if they can do it, so can you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.