Starting at TDI today.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rbgtag, Jan 2, 2017.

1. rbgtag

rbgtag Light Load Member

May 6, 2013
    At the end of week one we had started working on Pre trip and we got time in the truck working on straight line backing. There are only four of us in this class right now, getting ready to enter week 2. It has been fairly simple. We also spent most of Thursday working on log books, hours of service, etc... and then taking tests on everything. It is a bit aggravating though because they don't really tell you that we are going to take a test and what we are going to test on, and our "grades" are being recorded so that they can give trucking companies a grade average. I wish they would tell us beforehand what we are going to test on. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but still have a 97 average.

They also push filling out apps and getting back with recruiters to get pre-hires, which basically amounts to the companies saying that you are hireable, nothing more really. I do have an offer/orientation date from Danny Herman for Jan. 23rd. I also, as I mentioned in the Wil Trans thread, have an offer from them, but they won't be able to start me until the middle of Feb. my recruiter said. These are at the top of my list. I have been in contact with Freymiller, US Express, Swift, Rosedale, and Abilene which said that I needed to get my CDL A and then get back with them. Didn't seem like they were interested in doing any sort of pre-hire or application until then.

So, I will ask it here to....what do you think? Any feedback? Would it be better to suck it up for another 3 or four weeks and go to Wil-trans, more money, still a small company, or got to work with Danny Herman right away?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hit the road with Danny Herman; you can always use Wil-Trans as a backup plan in the future should you decide you don't want regular west coast runs.

rbgtag Thanks this.
  4. crazyrob79

crazyrob79 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2015
    who you work for now

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.