Starting company training with PAM

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Iceman85, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Iceman85

Iceman85 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2012
    lenoir nc
    well good luck just a fair warning the orientation trainers will groan when they hear you came from that one. my advice is to do as much extra training and self teaching u can

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NewbieRick

NewbieRick Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Pacific, mo
    Keep updated iceman! I will start C1 in August and am hoping to work for PAM. Why did you choose pam? And not USA? keep safe out their!

4. NewbieRick

NewbieRick Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Pacific, mo
    I am going to Springfield,mo center.. FYI. Any groans yet On that school? Lol

5. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    Of the $6000 you pay $2000. I suggest you read that contract you signed again. Hotel is in the contract as well. If you divide trainers pay between all new students they get at PAM, let's say it's $1000 a week in salary for each trainer, divided by let's say 25 new drivers PAM gets that week, thats what, $40 each student?!? Lets not forget the Hilton across the street and possible food vouchers, add all this up and it still won't justify the $10000 spent solely on you. Fuel on the range? HA! Pennies compared to the money PAM's gonna make off you. $10,000 ridiculous! Whosoever told you this was FOS my good man.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  6. Iceman85

Iceman85 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2012
    lenoir nc
    yea i knew bout the 2000 pay back i just did some rough calculations the point is they wanna make money off u as best they can weather you work out or not

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  7. Iceman85

Iceman85 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2012
    lenoir nc
    havent heard anything bout springfield i know the Indy one uses some pretty rough trucks i got lucky and was able to avoid the c1s. Newbierick I Pam chose me or if i had a choice i wasnt told but in researching both companies usa got a lot of complaints where pam was more normal. all companies will have trash talk on these u just have to read through the guys who werent cut out for it. when you see the same issue a lot its prob cause there something to it. for a starter company pam problems were the same as u will find a lot so to me it was would be the better choice

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  8. Iceman85

Iceman85 Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2012
    lenoir nc
    been through a week of otr training so far its pretty good had to change trainers no big deal there. No real complaints all i can say is dont feel rushed these trainers may not tell u to stop and rest for a few but you can. take your time ask questions and watch the truck stops there all different challenging and can be a real pain in the rear at times. getting use to sleeping while moving is not easy either so if ur not driving get in the sleeper and get what u can.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  9. Catheryn

Catheryn Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Hey Super B, please let me know how the Ft. Training is. I am seriously considering starting mid August and going with Pam also. Im out of San Antone.

Thanks

10. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    Hey iceman85 I'm interested as to why you changed trainers if u don't mind sharing?

11. Super_B

Super_B Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Texas
    Sure.

D.O.T. Physical passed.
    All five CDL written test passed. Now have a permit.
    Tomorrow will go to the Truck Yard to begin training in the Trucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.