Starting CTDTS 2/13!!

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Wulfwynn, Feb 8, 2012.

1. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

I almost stopped at the school today, i drove past it at noon, if i didnt need an oil change i woulda stopped.

American Trucker

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wulfwynn

Wulfwynn <b>Brand New CDL Holder</b>

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm sure there'll be other loads. Plus then there'd be more students to harass too. Next week's class will have 10 people in it. :biggrin_25523:

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  4. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    ooooooo I'll have to think of some GREAT trucker stories......Maybe i'll tell y'all about the time i hauled the Statue of Liberty from France to NY :biggrin_25523:

10 people huh? i wounder where the WIA is getting all this money to send these people to school....:biggrin_2554:

American Trucker

5. Wulfwynn

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    Riiiggghhhttt...I'm sure it was such a pain driving on that boat too. :biggrin_25523:

Not only the WIA but the VA program too. I think 3 of the 8 people in my class are here via the military's money.

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  6. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

i dont mind the military guys, they Earned that. unfortunatly most of the people that use WIA funding have NO interest in going OTR, and wont make it a month driving.....so they just waste our tax money.

I met 20+ students while there, all but me were on WIA funding, on there last day there i would ask them, So where are you going to work? they'd all say, i donno yet, im looking for something local :biggrin_25513:

American Trucker

7. Wulfwynn

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    That's going on now with the school, and a lot more are people who've paid with their own funds. (Kinda scary in my book). I have a general idea of who I'd like to work for, most of them don't and are enticed by the recruiter's bs.

8. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

i tried to get as many students on this forum as possible...i only got 1 guy to join, he went with trans am :biggrin_25513: I tried to tell him, i dont know what happend to him, he forgot his password on here and never came back on lol

American Trucker

9. Wulfwynn

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    I've told a few people but they keep forgetting to sign up once they get home. :biggrin_25523:

10. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Wow I am surprised that you guys both have told students about TTR and they forget? I think this site is such a wealth of information for students as they go through school and then you can get some good ideas of what company you are considering applying to. Of course my neighbor was dating a USX driver this past summer and I told him about TTR and how Truckerdave and I met, great to play on here and great information and he ''never got around to it.''

Wulf-keep up the great posts!!!!!

Rick_C Thanks this.
  11. Wulfwynn

Sep 6, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC
    By the time most folks leave the school they're so tired they're bound to forget to sign up. I know that's the case with one of the guys...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.